You may never have had to use a resume objective – probably because you never knew how important it is! Setting the pace of a document which is as comprehensive as a resume is of great importance. You cannot begin a resume abruptly. Resumes are considered blocked documents – if they lack flow, they cannot guarantee success.
An objective makes sure that this flow of information remains intact. Resumes are often described as overwhelming, because there is just so much to read and interpret for one person. Objectives help by giving the resume form and direction, both of which are deemed very important to the success of a job application.
Let’s see how a resume objective needs to be written to ensure that the entire resume is read. Luckily, there is no science associated with writing a resume objective. Everything is pretty straightforward which means that you can write an objective in 5 minutes flat! But do not hurry when writing one. You have to make sure that your objective is structured and well-worded. Any type or amount of content will not do. There are certain rules that you have to abide by. Do not go past 4 lines when writing an objective. And do not make it a selfish piece of writing, indicating only how you intend to benefit from the eventual liaison.
Not sure how to go about it? Here are some examples:
• Seeking a Customer Service Coordinator position with Eversource Energy by providing deep insight into coordinating efforts to ensure seamless and high quality service to customers.
• Well-organized, competent and service-oriented Customer Service Coordinator with over 7 years of relevant experience, presently looking for a position at Supermicro. Offering abilities to maintain a high degree of customer service support on customer’s queries, with great focus on business retention and increase in customer base.
• Desire a position as a Customer Service Coordinator at ACGI Management. Effectively able to coordinate the flow of information between different departments to ensure seamless delivery of exceptional customer services.
• Pleasant, hardworking and customer-focused Customer Service Coordinator, anticipating a position at ALSCO. Demonstrated expertise in coordinating activities to ensure continuous exceptional customer services, in accordance with company policies.
• Highly accomplished Customer Service Coordinator eager to work for Oakwood Worldwide. Bringing proficiencies in handling inbound and outbound calls, managing overflow coverage, and prioritizing tasks to ensure that customers come first.
Last updated on