Your resume for the customer service agent position is a clear reflection of your qualifications, skills, experiences, and accomplishments.
A resume should provide the hiring manager with an overview of all these – and more. Just like the resume example below:
Customer Service Agent Resume Sample
552 Green Drive
Alexandria, LA 92010
sampitt @ email . com
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT
Bringing competence and team spirit with a smile.
Highly meticulous and customer service-oriented individual with over 6 years’ track record of success in the customer service arena. Effectively answered questions and servicing requests, generated sales leads through cold calling, provided product information, and identified and assessed customers’ needs and wants. Adept at handling complaints by providing appropriate solutions, in accordance with company rules and regulations. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Lead Generation
- Customer Account Management
- Customer Engagement
- Relationship Building
- Sales Call Handling
- Conflict Management
- Customer Activity Reports Generation
- Bill Processing
- Customer Interaction Records
- Customer Retention
- Ticket Generation
- Paperwork Handling
Sales: Increased sales by $4000 per month by generating workable leads through cold calling activities.
Creativity: Introduced the concept of respecting DND lists, reducing instances of complaints from non-interested customers.
Technology: Implemented a ticket generation program that reduced call waiting time by 30%.
Interpersonal: Successfully managed a conflict between a customer and a customer service intern, by intervening just in time, resulting in the former not shifting business to a competitive organization.
Customer Service Agent
Trinity Services, Alexandria, LA
5/2014 – Present
• Perform cold calling activities to provide customers with information on new products and services
• Respect DND lists by ensuring that no calls are made to customers who do not wish to be disturbed
• Handle incoming calls and provide callers with information on products and associated services
• Generate tickets for customer problems that require additional intervention and support
• Provide customers with information on discounts and deals in a bid to make additional sales
• Build sustainable relationships with customers to ensure that their business is retained
• Resolve complaints in a proactive manner
• Keep records of customer interactions and ensure that customers’ accounts are timely processed
Customer Service Associate
Staples, Alexandria, LA
2/2002 – 5/2014
• Responded to incoming calls by providing information on available products
• Sorted out cold calling lists, isolating DND customers before handing them to customer service agents
• Assisted service agents in resolving customers’ problems by providing them with the required information through research work
• Ascertained that no ticket went unanswered by keeping a close watch on ticket threads
• Created and maintained customers’ records, placing special focus on integrity and confidentiality of information
High School Diploma | 2011
St. James High School, Alexandria, LA
“Customer service brings meaning to my life.”