There are many jobs you can work at in a bookstore. You can be a bookstore assistant, a cashier, or a manager depending on your interest and position availability.
Managing a bookshop in the position of a team member requires a person to be very well organized.
The following resume is a well-written sample that will assist you in writing your own when applying for a position as a bookstore team member.
Bookstore Team Member Resume Sample
499 Mead Dr
Loxley, AL 77777
Seeking a bookstore team member position at ABC Bookshop, utilizing exceptional organizational skills and love of literature to assist in running the operations of a bookstore smoothly.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven record of assisting customers with purchasing books and other bookshop merchandise.
• Proficient in checking incoming shipments against orders and invoices to manage reconciliation processes.
• Highly experienced in helping with bibliographical searches and orders.
• Hands-on experience in balancing cash registers and managing light bookkeeping.
• Attention to detail
• Physically Dexterous
• Basic Mathematics
• Customer Service
Books R US – Loxley, AL
2012 – present
• Greet and assist customers with locating books
• Provide recommendations on popular titles and reading materials
• Operate cash register to finalize sales by accepting cash in exchange for books sold
• Manage and straighten book displays in the windows
• Reorganized the book inventory system by employing automated functions
• Achieved “Employee of the Year Award” following excellence in customer service provision and customer feedback
Bookstore Team Member
Some Bookstore – Loxley, AL
2007 – 2012
• Assisted bookstore staff with inventory
• Received and priced books as instructed
• Verified and balanced cash transactions at the beginning and end of each shift
• Performed data entry duties as required
High School Diploma
CITY SCHOOL, Loxley, AL – 2006