The only way that you can write a resume that is liked by a hiring manager is if you think like him or her.
What does he or she want you to write? What can you contribute to the company?
How do you fit in well?
The following resume sample provides all these answers:
Bookstore Sales Associate Resume Example
58 Damson Road, Lynnwood, WA 52088
steve.burg @ email . com
BOOKSTORE SALES ASSOCIATE
Handles bookstore sales and cashiering services, placing special focus on customer satisfaction.
Exceptionally talented, committed and resourceful sales professional with over 6 years of experience working in busy bookstores. Unique blend of customer service acumen with strong knowledge of creating constant and consistent repeat business opportunities.
Ability to engage customers in conversation to determine their book buying needs. Performs research work to determine popular books and authors both locally and on an international level.
|✓ Sales Processing||✓ Vendor Liaison||✓ Complaint Handling|
|✓ Shipping Assistance||✓ Inventory Management||✓ Sales Reports|
|✓ Phone Sales||✓ Market Research||✓ Books Buy-back Activities|
|✓ Reading Clubs||✓ Price Revisions Handling||✓ Cashiering|
Bookstore Sales Associate
The Reading Room, Lynnwood, WA | 5/2014 – Present
• Greet customers as they arrive at the store and engage them in conversation to determine their requirements.
• Provide customers with information on popular authors and bestselling books.
• Assist customers in locating their choice of books within the store, or provide them with location information.
• Lead customers through payment procedures, ensuring that there are no glitches at any point.
• Process credit card and cash payments, and return change and issue receipts.
• Bag customers purchases and ensure that they leave the store happy with the service.
• Balance the cash register and handle any discrepancies in an immediate fashion.
• Create and maintain liaison with suppliers and vendors to ensure timely delivery of books and resources.
• Increased the bookstore’s sales by 58% by suggesting selling books by a popular French author.
• Revamped the book inventory process, making it % more efficient than before.
The Grand, Lynnwood, WA | 2/2011 – 5/2014
• Transported books from the backend to the bookstore and ensured that they were properly placed in shelves.
• Cleaned and tidied up bookshelves and displays on a regular basis.
• Assisted customers in locating books of their choices and provided correlating author information.
• Led customers to the cashier counter and bagged their purchases.
• Performed research work on popular books and authors, and liaised with vendors to obtain new books.
• Decreased the cost of acquiring books by brining onboard a vendor that provided free shipping services.
• Brought onboard members of 6 reading clubs, who collectively increased the store’s revenue by 35%.
Lynnwood High School, Lynnwood, WA | 2010
High School Diploma
Last updated on