Bookstore clerks greet customers and provide them information on where a book may be placed. They also assist them in taking books out from shelves and eventually ringing up sales. The work of a bookstore can be fulfilling especially if you love being around books.
They work at bookshops where they manage customers and perform clerical work to ensure the smooth working of the store. When you apply for this position, make sure that you write a resume which boasts of your customer services skills and the ability to carry out duties at the cash register as well.
The following resume sample will help you apply for a position as a bookstore clerk. Read it carefully before you write your own.
33 Park Lane | Ada, OK 77489 | Cell: (000) 999-9999 | Email:
Well organized and flexible Bookstore Clerk wit over 9 years’ experience in handling and selling books and magazines in a busy bookstore environment. Proficient in stocking shelves and counters with books in accordance with their category, managing inventory of books, coordinating efforts with book suppliers, and handling cash and cash registers. An effective communicator who has good reasoning ability and “Can do” attitude. Demonstrated ability to apply common sense.
• Introduced a “library” feature at Readings where customers can read and return books while remaining inside the bookstore facility
• Increased sales of underselling books by ensuring appropriate shelf space
• Suggested improvements in the inventory system and managed to convert the entire system from paper to electronic form, thereby reducing paperwork
• Singlehandedly managed the stall display for the store at the International Book Fair 2010
Readings, Ada, OK | Oct 2009 – Present
• Welcome customers as they arrive into book store
• Provide information on bestsellers and new prints
• Direct and escorted customers to shelves
• Bring down books from top shelves in order to assist customers
• Stock shelves with book according to their types and categories
• Ensure that frayed or damaged books are returned to the storeroom
• Make sure that all out-of-stock books are ordered from the suppliers
Iowa Central Community College – Fort Dodge, IA | Dec 2007 – Oct 2009
• Received books from suppliers and performed initial audit
• Operated cash register to ring sales
• Arranged books appropriately on shelves
• Ensured that all shelves and books were properly dusted
• Assisted customers in locating their choice of books
• Managed window displays
Associate’s Degree in Retail Management
City College, Fort Dodge, IA | 2006
• Retail software
• MS Word and Excel