If you are applying for a personal shopper job, you must write a cover letter to convince the hiring manager that your skills are better than the others.
A cover letter written for a personal shopper position needs to hold information about the candidate’s skills in:
- Picking and choosing the right products
- Providing information and recommendations to customers
- Assisting customers in selecting and purchasing items
- Helping customers through the payment process
In addition, a personal shopper must focus on their ability to work online, as many personal shoppers help customers in choosing products from online stores, and process their orders accordingly.
A cover letter for a personal shopper position is given below to help you in writing your own:
Sample Cover Letter for Personal Shopper Position
October 23, 2021
Mr. David Andrews
Human Resources Manager
4487 Henry Street
Newark, NJ 22121
Dear Mr. Andrews:
I am a highly experienced retail sales professional, with 4 years of solid personal shopping experience in hand. At this time, I am highly interested in offering my skills and experience as a personal shopper to United Supermarkets, as I feel that my qualifications are exactly what you are looking for.
My experience as a personal shopper is manifold – I possess both online and in-person exposure, which makes me an excellent candidate to hire. As far as skills go, I offer the following:
- Determining customers’ shopping requirements by reaching out to them, and asking questions.
- Selecting and purchasing merchandise in accordance with customers’ requirements.
- Recording and processing mail orders and the merchandise returned for exchange.
- Handling complaints and issues with purchases, in accordance with company policies.
Over the years that I have worked as a personal shopper, I have polished my skills in a number of areas, including customer service, and aftersales contact. Also, my ability to proactively reach out to customers, and provide them with continuously high-quality services is above par of many.
I am positive that a face-to-face meeting between us will help you understand my qualifications in great detail. I will arrange one soon. You may reach me at (000) 119-337 if you need any further information to process my application.
Thank you so much for taking out time from a busy schedule to consider my application.