If you are seeking a postman job, you must hold a full driver’s license. You will need to work under tight deadlines while maintaining a professional image.
You will handle and sort mail in the mail centers, ensuring that it will be delivered at the right time and to the correct address.
Your resume / CV for a postman position should contain bullet statements of your key skills and relevant qualification. The following sample will give you an excellent idea of how to write a resume for a postman job.
Postman Resume Example
Exceptional communication skills, knowledge of local routes, and a profound ability to deliver parcels on time.
• Current driving license with a good driving record.
• Capable of meeting the physical demands of the job the ability to lift and carry heavy weights
• Demonstrated multitasking ability with managing the additional workload
• Proficient in the collection of signatures for recorded and registered mail
• Able to provide services and deliver mail/couriers in severe weather conditions
• Ability to work in teams and individually
• Reliable and Trustworthy
• Punctual and great attention to detail
• Self-motivated and customer focused
• Capable of working without being biased
• Delivered 7 thousand items to over one thousand addresses in a single month
• Badge for the most competent employee based on Geographical knowledge – Blue Land Courier Service
• Awarded certificate for leading a team efficiently under the department of “Re-directing wrongly-addressed mail.”
Royal Mail Group – Peterborough, CA
11/2019 – 4/2023
• Sorted and prepared mail into the delivery route
• Delivered mail by walk and drive-through every day
• Delivered multiple mailbags (usually up to 16kg)
• Worked in all weather conditions
• Solved several routine mail problems
Blueland Courier Service – Edinburgh, CA
11/2016 – 6/2019
• Maintained inspection and safety of cargo, successfully operating vehicles
• Performed duties in accordance with company policies and procedures
• Resolved time limitations and scheduling conflicts and provided superior customer service
• Maintained complete records of delivery schedules
Diploma in Customer Service
Swansea Central College – Swansea, CA
Nine-month apprenticeship at Royal Mail