Software testers work in the information technology arena where they are required to test new software from an end user’s perspective.
A software tester looks for bugs and suggests improvements in the software being tested.
Software testers are required to have a bachelor’s degree in information systems or computer sciences.
When applying for a job in this capacity, you will need to ensure that your resume holds all the information that is crucial to acquire this job.
The following resume example tells you how to do this.
Entry-Level Software Tester Resume with No Experience
6672 Coventry Road, Virginia Beach, VA 43533
(000) 201-9999, Email
A Software Tester position with the Technical Goods. Eager to utilize skills in application and performance testing in order to assist the company with engendering workable software.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems
CONCORD UNIVERSITY – Virginia Beach, VA – 2021
• Majors: Software Development and Testing
• GPA: 3.5
• 6+ months’ dedicated internship experience in software testing
• Exceptional knowledge of hardware and software with respect to connectivity and configuration
• Competent at investigating and analyzing information to draw possible conclusions for debugging
• Specialized courses in software testing, creation, and implementation of test strategies and automated test scripts
• Experience with software development life cycle and modern software engineering practices
Languages: C++, Java, and VB
Database: SQL Server and Oracle SQL query language
Operating Systems: Win 8, 7, Vista, XP, Mac, DOS, Linux, and Unix
Web Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome
SOFTWARE TESTING SKILLS
• Expert in writing and implementing test plans
• Flow Loop Testing
• Catoosa Field Testing
• Vibration Insert Testing
Software Tester Intern
CORE TECHNOLOGIES- Virginia Beach, VA
Jun 2021 – Dec 2021
• Tested both software and firmware employing a series of testing techniques
• Tested flow loops, vibration inserts, and Catoosa fields
• Defined and managed overall project test objectives
• Designed, wrote, and executed effective manual and automated test cases
• Discovered, reproduced, and documented system defects
• Created and maintained a project plan for both long term and short term projects
• Strong problem solving and analytic skills
• Able to demonstrate fast working, creative, and accurate testing skills
• Superior teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Ability to break down, document, and describe software behavior to support issue resolution
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills