Because a school counselor’s resume starts with an objective statement, it is imperative to make it compelling. Reliable information and a suitable structure go a long way in making a resume objective attractive enough for a hiring manager to look kindly at.
A good opening of your resume leads to increased interest in your candidature by the employer. The way you begin your resume will eventually set the pace of it, making you come across as someone who is not only good to hire but also is a great choice because of your skills and passion.
How to Write a Good Career Objective Statement for a School Counselor Position?
- In order to make a catchy objective statement, make sure that it aligns with the information that you have placed in the rest of the resume.
- Do not use flowery language.
- Use phrases and words that show that you are a good individual to hire.
- Concentrate on your ability to contribute to an organization using your skills and experiences.
Some examples of objectives for a school counselor resume are provided below for your reference:
11 Sample Career Objective Statements for School Counselor Resume
High School Counselor Resume Objectives
1. An enthusiastic and student-focused School Counselor with 10+ years experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in psychology seeking employment at ABC Public Schools. Poised to provide students with emotional, mental, and professional support intending to promote their positive behavior. Current Pennsylvania Teacher’s Certificate as a School Counselor.
2. Seeking a position as a School Counselor at Napa Valley School providing the benefit of 8+ years of experience in handling counseling programs for high school students. Bringing the ability to guide and counsel groups and individuals, aimed at meeting their specific emotional, and academic goals.
3. Highly resourceful, competent, and organized High School Counselor, with 6+ years of extensive experience in providing counseling to students in an academic and personal capacity. Presently looking for a position at Woodward Public Schools, aimed at providing students with assistance in choosing programs and courses according to their interests, and future career plans.
4. High School Counselor with over 4 years of experience in providing students with assistance in handling academic, social, and personal development issues, seeking a position at Bevee’s High School. Poised to communicate goals of comprehensive school counseling programs to education stakeholders, and provide students with assistance in determining their strengths and limitations.
5. Successful High School Counselor looking for a position at Oregon City School District utilizing expertise in planning and promoting programs that enhance the academic, social, and emotional grown of assigned students. Effectively able to work with students to handle disciplinary, and academic problems, profoundly.
6. Detail-oriented High School Counselor eager to work for NY Public School. Offering exceptionally well-placed proficiencies in guiding students to choose courses consistent with their interests, abilities, and career plans.
Well-versed with the child’s physical and emotional development patterns.
Elementary School Counselor Resume Objectives
7. Highly energetic Elementary School Counselor applying for a position at St. James High School. Offering 12+ years of experience in the overall delivery of counseling programs realized through guidance curriculum, individual student planning, and responsive services to help students in the areas of academic achievement, and personal, social, and career development.
8. To work as an Elementary School Counselor for XYZ School, bringing hands-on experience in conducting both group and individual counseling sessions, aimed at assisting students with issues related to social and academic problems.
9. Analytical-minded individual with over 6 years of counseling experience, looking for a High School Counselor position at St. Cathy’s High School. Offering deep insight into developing comprehensive programs that meet the needs of students emotionally, developmentally, and educationally.
10. Eager to obtain a position as a School Counselor at Pine Elementary School. Bringing the ability to implement developmentally appropriate and prevention-oriented activities to meet students’ individual needs and goals of the school.
After School Counselor Resume Objective
11. Looking for a position as an After School Counselor at Mountain Pine School. Offers 5+ years’ track record of success analyzing student data and develop data-driven programs for intervention action plans, aimed at improving academic performance and retention.
Not only a School Counselor Resume Objective sets the pace of your resume, but it also gives the employer a short, but descriptive introduction of who you are, why you are sending the resume in the first place, and what you intend to contribute to the organization.