The task of producing a winning resume as you apply for the position of purchasing coordinator poses various challenges.
The main reason for this is perhaps the differential and diverse roles attached to the position.
The duties of a purchasing coordinator vary as per the demands and SOPs of the hiring organization and department.
Therefore it is imperative to build your resume in light of the target organization’s expectations of the position.
Your resume must be relevant to the employer’s demands otherwise the employer will lose interest in it.
The skills mentioned in it should be stated in a manner that is meaningful for the employer and radiates relevance with the purchasing coordinator job.
Here is a great example to get ideas from:
Purchasing Coordinator Resume Example
856 Freeway Sq, North Brook, IL 39012
Joshua @ email . com
Energetic and self-driven professional with discreet procurement expertise coupled with in-depth knowledge regarding third-party purchases and vendor negotiations. Particularly effective in funds management and record-keeping for the purchases made and scheduled on behalf of the company.
• Matchless negotiating, persuasive, and procurement skills
• Adept at all purchases record keeping
• Proficient in taking cost reduction procurement initiatives
• Well practiced in arranging purchase shipments on time
• Skilled in preparation of procurement orders and processing of relevant transactions
• Revised the company’s procurement policies and procedures to align with TS 16949 Standards
• Trained three new junior buyers in the field of procurement and educated them regarding the company’s procurement and purchase SOPs
• Resolved a pending payment issue with a valued client by effective discrepancy removal of invoices
Dixon Hughes LLP
03/2012 – Present
• Coordinate with suppliers regarding order discrepancies, shipment shortages, and transactional errors
• Assist the senior buyer in bid evaluations and vendor selections
• Evaluate all purchase orders and ensure their accordance with the SKU and packaging guidelines
• Develop purchase orders by managing product availability, quality, and price options
• Monitor procurement inventories and keep track of all supply dates and scheduled shipments
Wall Green, North Brook, IL
08/2010 – 02/2012
• Resolved vendor issues and ensured timely, economical, and quality procurement of raw material
• Coordinated with sourcing analysts, vendors, and contractors before building and processing purchase orders
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management
Aspire Institute of Higher Studies, North Brook, IL
• Customer Service-Oriented Approach
• JD Edwards and MS Office Suite
• RFP and RFQ
• Project Budgeting