Purchasing Agent Resume writing can be a time taking and tiresome task.
But this effort usually pays off.
How to Write a Purchasing Agent Resume?
Performance summary is the topmost section of your resume. Make sure that it is wholesome and covers all aspects of your candidacy the employer might be interested in.
The core of a professional resume is perhaps the achievements section. Mention quantified accomplishments you have earned as a purchasing agent as a showcase of your potential.
To facilitate the employer in making the most out of your resume, use short bullets or a table to express your qualifications.
If you feel some of these do not fit in, you can insert an additional strengths section for their coverage.
See also: Purchasing Agent Cover Letter
Purchasing Agent Resume Sample
730 Rainbow Boulevard, Arlington, VA 43231
robert @ email . com
~ Over 6 years of experience in diverse buying roles ~
Tenacious and discreet buying professional with strong background in material acquisition, vendor selection and subcontractor management. Particularly effective in administering online procurement systems and maintaining records of goods ordered and purchased. Core Competencies Include:
– Proposal Analysis
– Financial Reporting
– Supply Evaluation
– Insurance Knowledge
– Shipment Monitoring
– Activity Coordination
– Escalation Estimation
– Agreement Outlining
• Abridged the annual procurement costs by 30% through vigilant scrutiny and evaluation of price proposals for various purchases.
• Appraised quality of purchased equipment by 40% through implementation of in depth pre procurement product analysis.
• Accomplished the most outstanding buyer award thrice.
KIEWIT, Arlington, VA 7/2011-Present
• Analyze price and supply proposals and conduct market research to determine reasonable price of goods
• Carryout escalation calculations and man power costs for different proposals and bids
• Negotiate productive deals with vendors and suppliers and identify the most suitable proposal for each procurement
• Drafted well negotiated agreements and contracts detailing terms of business with suppliers and vendors
WISE WORDS, Arlington, VA 2/2008-6/ 2011
• Procured highest quality goods on lowest possible price
• Prepared and submitted requests for proposals (RFP’s)
• Evaluated shipments for quality and quantity and returned any defective order
Associate’s Degree in Business Administration
International College, Arlington, VA – 2008
MS Office Applications
• Exceptional convincing power and negotiation skills
• Remarkable numeracy skills
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish