Working at any position requires a certain skills set – if you have it, great, and if you don’t, you need to rethink your position. No employer will be keen to hire an individual who needs to be trained from scratch. Making sure that you outline your skills in your resume and cover letter is very important.
There are several ways of doing this. Firstly, it is imperative that you know exactly what it is that constitutes as your competencies. Once you have this in front of you, there is nothing that can stop you from being considered as the best candidate for a job.
One thing that you need to keep in mind is to make sure that whatever skills you write, ring true, and are relevant to the position for which you have applied. Anything that is not spot on with what the hiring manager wants will be used against you. Be very careful when writing this section on your resume (or when mentioning skills in your cover letter).
Both the cover letter and resume provide you with an opportunity to showcase your skills. Do not let go of this opportunity – in fact, make the best of it by outlining your skills in a profound manner. If you are applying for the position of a freight coordinator, the following skills statements will come in handy:
Sample Skills for Freight Coordinator Resume
• Highly experienced in following work orders to determine the day’s schedules and work activities
• Effectively able to coordinate all import and export activities, such as quotation, booking, documentation, and data entry
• Demonstrated ability to issues bills and invoices to clients and agents, and organize documents and records in a proper manner
• Deep familiarity with rules and regulations of customs and federal departments, as they relate to freight movement and management
• Highly skilled in tracking, tracing, and updating the status of shipments on a regular basis
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with customers and vendors, in a bid to ensure overall smoothness of operations
• Track record of effectively meeting key performance indicators to support the goals of the company, and those of the department
• Proficient in reporting workflow progress to the management on a frequent basis, to ensure that they are kept updated constantly
• Adept at coordinating load planning, and operations in a bid to ensure that customer satisfaction is ensured through delivery of timely services
• Documented success in soliciting and booking freight from both new and existing customer accounts