Hiring managers often go through a lot while scanning Freight Coordinator resumes.
This is because they usually have to read a lot of things that they haven’t signed up for.
Be nice. Give them something good to read.
Take a look at the following resume sample for clues:
Freight Coordinator Resume Example
855 McSwine Road | Grenada, MS 13302 | (000) 325-8754 | jameshart @ email . com
Highly talented Freight Coordinator with extensive experience in establishing excellent communication with air carriers and oversea agents to ensure delivery of exceptional services. Well-versed in coordinating all import and export freight activities, with special focus on customer satisfaction.
• Track record of effectively routing incoming and outgoing communication regarding freight shipments.
• Effectively able to track freight shipments and provide status information to customers.
• Highly skilled in coordinating load planning, operations, and customer service personnel to obtain loads for fleets.
• Proven ability to solicit and book freight from new and existing customer accounts.
|✓ Freight Scheduling||✓ Shipment Oversight||✓ Business Solicitation|
|✓ External Communication||✓ Receipt Handling||✓ Freight Costs Balancing|
|✓ Transit Management||✓ Paperwork Generation||✓ Routing|
|✓ Logistics Cost Metrics||✓ Orders Authorization||✓ Schedules Creation|
• Streamlined the freight management system, by incorporating different modules for different levels.
• Successfully balanced freight costs, by suggesting incorporation of a series of cost management techniques.
• Increased the interest of current customer base, by providing them with sizeable discounts on their shipments.
• Created a paperwork generation system, which required only 5% of human involvement.
Deltek Inc., Grenada, MS | 6/2010 – Present
• Coordinate the logistics of both inbound and outbound freight, along with analyzing and negotiating drayage
• Create schedules for delivery timelines, and ensure that these timelines are adhered to
• Complete pulls and markdowns, and monitor layaway procedures to ensure that it is working properly
• Lead onboarding and selection activities, such as hiring dashboards on a daily basis, and setting up interviews
• Check accuracy of freight package slips, and ship alterations upon request
• Track, trace and update the status of all assigned shipments on a regular basis
• Create and maintain strong relationships with vendors such as trucking companies and shipping lines
• Ascertain that all paperwork is in order, and is sent with all outbound shipments
Great Hoovers, Grenada, MS| 2/2009 – 5/2010
• Assisted in locating items from the warehouse storage areas and bringing them to the delivery areas
• Ascertained that all picked products were properly packed, and labeled appropriately
• Carried all crates and cartons to the delivery pallet, and assisted loaders in placing them inside awaiting trucks
• Ascertained that all correlating paperwork was sent along outbound shipments
• Provided support in receiving, unloading and putting away incoming shipment items
Grenada High School, Grenada, MS – 2009
High School Diploma