Resumes for Lead Carpenter position are not cumbersome to write if you know what information to put into them. We lose out many job opportunities when we don’t pay much attention to what our resumes contain.
In order to write a winning resume for a lead carpenter position, the job seeker has to customize its content as per the requirements of the employer.
The following is a resume sample for you to get ideas from:
Sample Resume for Lead Carpenter
388 Aaron Avenue, Springville, UT 64025
terry.bell @ email . com
8 years of extensive experience in performing a wide variety of carpentry and oversight work, placing special focus on timelines, and quality control. Demonstrated ability to supervise personnel in assigned carpentry projects. Effectively able to prepare cost estimates, reports, and acquisitions.
• Supplier Liaison • Training and Development
• Work Coordination • Materials Handling
• Resources Management • Work Order Flow
• Remodeling • Quality Control
• Led a team of 52 carpenters to handle a particularly complex carpentry project.
• Ensured quality control of all assigned projects, by implementing consistent QA controls.
• Simultaneously handled 4 remodeling projects at one time, without compromising the quality of any of them.
• Brought onboard a less expensive vendor, decreasing the cost of obtaining resources by 65%.
New Age Contractors, Springville, UT
8/2013 – Present
• Obtain project information from supervisors and chart out details.
• Gather manpower and resources and provide personnel with information on carpentry projects.
• Oversee the work of carpenters and apprentices, ensuring that they are working according to instructions.
• Arrange for materials and equipment such as wood planks, nails, hammers and cutters to be made available.
• Assist with complex building projects, ensuring that woodwork is properly incorporated.
• Provide support in remodeling projects, overseeing carpentry work to ensure that it is properly carried out.
• Create and maintain an operational inventory of necessary tools, safety equipment, and supplies.
• Ensure that any issues or constraints are immediately handled before they convert into crises.
MBC Remodeling Inc., Springville, UT
2/2009 – 8/2013
• Looked through blueprints to determine what type of carpentry work to manage.
• Cut wood planks and UV sheets according to required sizes, and put them together using nails and glue.
• Ensured that all apprentices were working according to specified instructions.
• Prepared cost estimates according to quotations and ensured that they were adhered to during the course of the construction.
• Maintained inventory of supplies and equipment and created liaison with suppliers to ensure timely deliveries.
High School Diploma
Springville High School, Springville, UT – 2007