The most looked-forward thing, in any event, is the opening. The same goes for resumes, the quality of which depends highly on how well it has opened.
Remember that a resume objective is always read, and they are regarded with great respect. Thinking of leaving the objective out of your resume? Don’t!
Through the handyman resume objective statement, you must try to sell your skills and abilities to the hiring manager, and encourage him not to neglect your resume after the first look.
When you write an objective statement, your main concern should be to attract a hiring manager who is looking to hire someone who is exceptional in all aspects.
As an applicant for a handyman job, you have to decide what you need to put into the objective – skills, competencies, abilities, and accomplishments can all be made part of the resume objective.
Let us now come to the part where we discuss how a resume objective is written. It is very simple. All you have to do is match your skills and abilities to the needs of the hiring manager, and come up with content that will sell you as a viable candidate for a job – and encourage the hiring manager to keep reading your resume.
Here are some examples of resume objectives for a handyman position:
10 Best Sample Objectives for Handyman Resume
1. Practical, responsible, and organized handyman with five years of experience in detecting and reporting the need for major and minor repair and maintenance on commercial and residential buildings. Poised to work for ABC Company to assist skilled workers in handling a wide variety of maintenance tasks such as plumbing, electrical, and carpentry.
2. Top-performing Handyman poised to contribute to ABC Company. Bringing 8+ years of extensive experience in identifying, documenting, and execute maintenance and repair work orders to perform plumbing, drywall repair, painting, and basic electrician tasks.
2. Looking for a position as a Handyman at Arbor Inn Motel. Leveraging expertise in using basic hand and power tools to perform a wide array of repair, maintenance, plumbing and electrical work.
4. To work as a Handyman at Building Restoration Corporation, utilizing exceptional repair and maintenance skills to perform a vast array of job duties related to HVAC, plumbing, and electricity. Also, bringing competencies in assembling furniture and equipment, and handling landscaping work.
5. A Handyman position at Greensheet to apply adeptness in performing general maintenance work, and maintaining order, and cleanliness of the assigned areas.
6. Resourceful, competent, and organized individual, with 5+ years of experience working as a handyman, seeking employment at ABC Company. Bringing the ability to handle a wide variety of general and specific repair and maintenance tasks and ensure that instructions are followed thoroughly.
7. Hardworking and diligent Handyman with a successful track record in overseeing and managing a wide range of repairs at residential and commercial buildings. Seeking a position with XYZ Company to timely perform repair and maintenance work.
8. Desire to work for SEBCO Development as a Handyman. Offering exceptionally well-developed proficiencies in handling the repair and upkeep of HVAC systems, appliances, carpentry, drywall, electric, and flooring work.
9. Seeking a position as a Handyman at Eagle Improvements, providing the benefit of well-placed skills in performing maintenance and upkeep of assigned facilities, and undertaking light carpentry and installation work.
Entry Level Handyman Resume Objective (No Experience)
10. Diligent, sensible, and competent handyman, with a wide array of skills related to maintaining the cleanliness and neatness of assigned areas. Looking for an opportunity at AAA Company to assist skilled workers in their work, by providing assistance and support, aimed at meeting deadlines.