Handymen perform maintenance and repair activities on different commercial and residential buildings. They may also be involved in renovations and upgrades and even maintain the property regarding cleaning and yard management.
Being a handyman is skilled work and needs precision and experience more than education – although some basic education is important to be able to read instructions and blueprints.
The following resume sample will help you in building or updating your resume to land a job as a handyman. You can use it to write one of your own by following the information in it.
Sample Resume for Handyman Position
9022 Polls Creek Road, Smilax, KY 78888
simon @ email . com
Passion for DIY
Hardworking and ambitious Handyman with 6+ years of progressively responsible experience in performing all kinds of repair, maintenance, and housekeeping tasks. A good communicator who has a demonstrated ability to deal with varied inquiries in a timely manner. Friendly approach with a keen eye for detail. Thorough understanding of current health and safety guidelines. Known for working independently and performing maintenance tasks methodically.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AS A HANDYMAN
• Well versed in brushing, sweeping, and emptying waste bins.
• Hands-on experience in repairing furniture, fixtures, and managing plumbing tasks.
• Familiar with modern tools and equipment used in repair and maintenance work.
• Current driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
COLE APPLETON, Smilax, KY
Mar 2016 – Present
• Perform repair and maintenance tasks on doors, furniture, fixtures, and appliances in an effective and timely manner
• Investigate possible problems and propose solutions
• Carry out all kinds of electrical repair, HVAC, carpentry, painting, and janitorial duties
• Perform preventative maintenance tasks on a regular basis
• Fix electrical fixtures and handle plumbing/leakage problems effectively
• Determine the tools and equipment needed for individual repair or maintenance job
• Maintain and organize building walls, floors, and ceilings
• Utilize computers, calculators, and telephone to perform duties
WAKEFIELD CO, Smilax, KY
Feb 2014 – Mar 2016
• Assisted in determining the need for repair work
• Maintained, swept, and sanitized assigned area utilizing automatic sweepers and scrubbers
• Removed dirt, debris, and litter, and emptied trashcans
• Identified and replaced burned out bulbs
• Checked different systems for performance efficiency
• Cleaned tools and equipment used in maintenance and repair work
• Laid out wires and cables as instructed
• Reported violations and safety hazards to supervisor
SOME HIGH SCHOOL, Smilax, KY – 2005
• Knowledge of using a variety of maintenance tools and equipment
• Exceptional ability to read and interpret blueprints and manuals
• Track record of building rapport with users
• Physically dexterous and agile
• Efficient written and verbal communication skills
Related: Handyman Cover Letter for Resume
What is another word for a handyman for a resume?
The following are some alternative words for a handyman to use in a resume.
2. DIY expert
5. Mr. Fixit