Bricklayers work in the construction field where their responsibilities include building and repairing structures made of bricks. It may consist of constructing the outside of a building or inside depending on the project.
In order to hunt a job as a bricklayer, you will need to build a good resume along with a cover letter.
Take a look at the resume sample below.
Bricklayer Resume Example
225 White Street, Tallahassee, FL 83414
(000) 989-9999, Email
Seeking a position as a Bricklayer with Formal Construction Co. using the excellent physical ability and keen know-how of different kinds of bricks, pre-cut stone, and building blocks.
• 12+ years of extensive experience as a Bricklayer
• Highly skilled in building and repairing structures from the inside and the outside
• Hands on experience of using trowels and other equipment to complete projects
• In-depth knowledge of using steel beams and mortar appropriately
• Built a complex building structure with inconsistent measurements with precision and accuracy.
• Promoted from general maintenance worker to bricklayer in three months following excellence in work ethics and competence.
Brick Mason 2012-present
Dickerson Landscaping, Tallahassee, FL
• Measure distance from reference points
• Mark guidelines on working surface to lay out work
• Spread the soft layer of mortar using a trowel.
• Tap block with a trowel to level, align, and embed in a mortar, allowing the specified thickness of joint
• Remove excess mortar from the face of the block using a trowel
• Determine vertical and horizontal alignment of courses, using a plumb bob, gauge line, and level
• Fasten brick to the front of structures
• Clean working surface using a broom, wire brush, and scraper
Bricklayer | 2006-2012
Core Construction Co. Tallahassee, FL
• Laid bricks according to the demands of the structure
• Constructed fireplaces, walls, floors, and partitions as instructed
• Used marble, cinder, terracotta, and concrete to build structures
• Mixed the cement according to set guidelines
• Cut and saw bricks as needed
San Diego High School, San Diego, CA – 2005
• Excellent physical dexterity
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blueprints
• Able to follow written and oral instructions
• Ability to lift up to 70 lbs
• Excellent communication skills
Last updated on