Computer Technicians provide end-user technical support to users experiencing difficulties with computer software, hardware, and other computer devices.
They usually work at computer shops, software development, and IT companies, as well as IT departments of public/private companies and call centers.
Computer Technician Resume
In your resume for Computer Technician position, you should emphasize your skills and qualifications related to troubleshooting and installation of computer/network hardware and software.
Also, draw attention to your communication skills which would help to recognize and resolve the problems of end users efficiently.
Below is a sample resume for Computer Technician job.
Feel free to use this resume as a template to build or update resume.
Don’t forget to include this Computer Technician Cover Letter in your job application package.
Computer Technician Resume Sample 1
588 Teal Street, Concord, NH 64971
maricamp @ email .com
Technology-savvy Computer Technician with 8 years of extensive experience in assessing, repairing, and maintaining computers for companies and individuals. Competent in setting up hardware and software, and installing both while following technical protocols.
Efficiently maintains and repairs technological equipment such as routers and peripheral devices. Exceptional talent for installing functional LANs, WANs, and MANs, and managing correlating components. Proven ability to manage security options in order to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
|✓ Troubleshooting||✓ Systems Setup||✓ Component Management|
|✓ Security Handling||✓ Upgrades||✓ Downtime Minimization|
|✓ Preventative Maintenance||✓ Technical Support||✓ Operations Optimization|
|✓ Issue Diagnosis||✓ Repair Recommendation||✓ Parts Replacement|
• Successfully eradicated systems downtime, by suggesting the installation of a fully functional backup system.
• Introduced the concept of preventative maintenance, increasing the life of systems by 75%.
• Improved the security of the assigned LAN and WAN, by implementing well-planned security measures.
• Upgraded an entire WAN to new technology, within the provided timeline.
Good Industries, Concord, NH | 11/2014 – Present
• Perform routine maintenance on assigned computers and LANs and WANs.
• Provide users with information on using their standalone systems, and the use of peripherals.
• Manage and troubleshoot problems and errors, as and when they occur, ensuring that downtime is minimized.
• Install and configure computer workstations, and ensure that they are in good working order.
• Install servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment and associated cabling.
• Maintain documentation, policies, procedures and configuration information as well as those documents used by the help desk.
• Manage security options on software, to ensure that all data remains confidential and safe.
• Perform one on one computer coaching to users, and provide them with information on self-help.
Core Technologies, Concord, NH | 2/2010 – 11/2014
• Assisted users in creating accounts and passwords, and showed them the use of each item.
• Provided support for troubleshooting systems, to ensure that downtime is minimized.
• Handled software upgrades and installations, and handled PC imaging and configuration.
• Helped users understand software and hardware functions, according to predefined instructions.
• Created and maintained liaison with vendors for warranty and troubleshooting issues.
New Hampshire State University, Concord, NH – 2009
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences
Computer Technician Resume Sample 2
25 South Avenue ✪ Atlantic City, NJ 14147
david @ email .com
Bringing computer troubleshooting acumen and hardware installation skills to maximize the overall efficiency of the company.
• 7+ years’ experience in the computer support field
• A+ and MCSE Certified
• Strong command of Microsoft Server 2008
• Excellent computer software and hardware installation skills
• Experienced in LAN and WAN installation
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|❖ Application Testing||❖ Equipment Maintenance||❖ Scripting|
|❖ Software Configuration||❖ Anomalies Identification||❖ Patches Installation|
|❖ Server Images Building||❖ Documents Preparation||❖ Application Support|
ABC Company, Atlantic City, NJ | May 2008 – Present
• Communicate electronically and personally with computer end users experiencing problems to identify and document problem.
• Check with user guides, technical manuals and support documents to research and find solutions.
• Collect, systematize and record problems and solutions log for use by technical support analysts.
• Take part in the redesigning of applications and other software.
• Provide ongoing support to users regarding systems, network, and Internet connectivity.
• Supervise other technical support workers.
• Provide advice and training to users.
Desktop Support Intern
SpareFoot – Austin, TX | Summer 2007
• Assisted in imaging, setup, and deployment of PCs and servers.
• Installed PC software and peripherals.
• Troubleshoot computer and network related hardware.
• Supported, repaired and replaced software, hardware and peripherals.
• Developed and improved strong communication, customer service, and technical skills.
The University of Texas, Austin, TX | 2008
BS in Computer Science
Major: Computer Networks
• Self-motivated with excellent work ethics.
• Proven ability to suggest and report any computer peripheral that needs servicing or repairs.
• Able to highlight safety hazards and act on them to prevent injury to either users or technicians.