Use of technology can never impress a hiring manager as well as a good quality, personally written resume can.
Your resume speaks loudly about who you are and what you have to offer.
Remember that no matter how eye-popping technology is, it won’t provide a cover to a weak resume.
If your resume contains persuasive qualities, there is a great chance that it will be successful in bringing you to the interview stage.
Refer to the following sample resume for HCC coder position:
40 Westchester Road | Atlanta, GA 65812 | (000) 201-9660 | calebscott @ email . com
Determined, friendly and approachable
Experienced HCC coder with extensive comprehension of reviewing medical records and practice management code data. Skilled in determining data completeness and accuracy, and providing coding assistance. A critical thinker with superb communication skills, good judgment and the ability to work collaboratively.
HCC Coding Skills
• Qualified to determine if medical records are in support of individual patient risk adjustment score accuracy
• Proficient in educating providers and their practice staff in Medicare coding guidelines
• Well-versed in collaborating with other departments and develop plans and materials to support education and system changes
• Proven ability to work with sensitive data and effectively relay potential issues and concerns to supervisors
Areas of Expertise
|✓ Records Review||✓ Coding Compliance||✓ Data Consistency|
|✓ Medicare Auditing||✓ Improvement Plans||✓ Customer Service|
|✓ Quality Assurance||✓ Charts Analysis||✓ Claims Processing|
|✓ CPT and ICD-9||✓ Medical Terminology||✓ Medication Review|
• Successfully managed to get the practice on compliance parameters with specified rules and regulations.
• Singlehandedly processed and coded 1400 entries, in the provided deadline of 5 hours.
• Improved the coding process by successfully implementing a series of quality assurance programs.
• Trained 12 medical coders in handling coding and charting activities, as part of their training.
Epi Source, Atlanta, GA | 5/2013 – Present
• Review medical records and determine if they are complete and accurate
• Ascertain that medical records are in support of individual risk adjustment score accuracy
• Provide education to providers regarding Medicare coding guidelines, focusing on revenue enhancement opportunities
• Develop plans and materials to support education and system changes, to meet both practice and revenue goals
• Synthesize data and questions in a bid to communicate a cohesive educational training program
• Punch in codes for medical services rendered, ensuring the accuracy of each enter in the database
• Review medication list to verify if there is a correlating condition and if conditions are still being treated
• Review all specialist and hospital consults and lab or pathology reports for new and more specific conditions
Intern – Medical Coding
Memorial Healthcare System, Atlanta, GA | 2/2012 – 5/2013
• Reviewed patients’ charts to determine which information needed to be entered into the database
• Organized information / data for medical coders so that they could place them in the database in a prompt and accurate manner
• Reviewed entered data to ensure its accuracy and completeness and corrected any discrepancies
• Assisted in performing chart reviews to identify missed diagnosis in applicable healthcare settings
• Provided support in synthesizing data and questions to assist with educational programs
AHIMA, Atlanta, GA | 2011
High School Diploma
St. Peter’s High School, Atlanta, GA | 2011
Current AAPC membership
“I am known to work in a stressful environment and take accurate decisions.”