Writing a resume from scratch to apply for Certified Professional Coder job that you have your heart set on is an excellent idea since you will be getting a lot of ideas this way.
Here is a format that you can use:
Certified Professional Coder Resume Example
8 6th Street, Newark, NJ 49021
CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL CODER
14+ years experience in reviewing medical records for medical coding, and determining the right codes for each patient procedure. Able to develop and maintain data for physician and hospital coding databases. Qualified to update late charges, and processes in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
|• Coding Guidelines
|• Billing Applications
|• Discrepancy Management
|• Information Systems
|• Documentation Facilitation
|• Services Determination
|• Diagnosis Deciphering
|• Data Entry
|• Modifiers Assignment
|• Charts Management
• Implemented a core data entry system, which proved to be 75% more efficient than the one already being followed.
• Singlehandedly managed a discrepancy in coded data, which had a significant effect on the facility’s payment services.
• Introduced a diagnosis deciphering system, resulting in increased accuracy in selecting and using correlating codes.
• Trained 15 other medical coders to perform coding and billing work, as part of their induction program.
Certified Professional Coder
Steward Healthcare, Newark, NJ | 2010-present
• Look through patients’ charts to determine which procedures and services have been performed.
• Locate the right codes for each service rendered, and the procedure performed, and ensure that it is punched in accordingly.
• Assess and evaluate the accuracy and completeness of the information provided by the doctors.
• Assess all entries to be coded to ensure that they are accurate and complete.
• Punch coding and billing information into the system after checking its integrity.
• Ascertain the validity and completeness of all procedures carried out by specialists, and highlight any issues.
• Assign the right codes to procedures and services, making sure that they are accurate through counter checking.
• Handle any discrepancies in coded data by following set protocols and standards, attempting to keep problems at bay.
River Health Care, Newark, NJ | 2004-2010
• Assisted medical coders in gathering and organizing data regarding patient diagnosis and procedures.
• Sorted out all medical records to ensure that they are complete and accurate.
• Provided assistance to coders by relaying information for data entry ease.
• Checked all coded data to ensure its accuracy, and ensured that discrepancies were properly managed.
• Responded to doctors’ queries regarding applied procedures, and correlating payments.
Associate of Science in Medical Billing & Coding
St. Paul’s TechCollegeoolege, Newark, NJ