The purpose of writing a resume summary for a medical coder position is to ensure that the person reading it is intrigued by your professional profile.
In your summary, make sure that you highlight the main reason why you are a good person to hire as a medical coder.
Specifically, your resume summary must include information regarding your knowledge of the work.
For instance, your ability to determine the right information from patient records, and knowledge of assigning codes to them should be highlighted.
Also, your competence in ensuring that medical codes are accurately assigned must be highlighted in your resume summary.
It is imperative to note that medical coder resume summaries are not too long, but they give you enough leeway to have your say.
Hence, make your content as concise as possible, while ensuring that it is well received by the reader.
Recommended: Medical Coder Cover Letter
Some examples of resume summaries for a medical coder position are provided below:
6 Best Summary Sample for Medical Coder Resume
1. Competent and resourceful medical coder, with over 5 years of experience in determining information from patients’ medical charts. Highly skilled in assigning the right codes to patient diagnosis and procedures, and checking of patient records to ensure data integrity through constant.
2. Detail-oriented Medical Coder with 5+ years of solid track record in extracting relevant information from patients’ files, and effectively entering it into databases. Deeply familiar with assigning CPT, ASA, and ICD codes to diagnosis and procedures.
3. Talented medical coder with extensive exposure in examining source documents in order to ensure that all information is available. Effectively assigned medical codes to diagnosis and procedures that reduced the error rate to 0%. Proficient in determining issues and problems with the information to correct discrepancies.
4. Highly skilled medical coder, with 7+ years of expertise in assigning codes to medical diagnosis and treatments. Poised to perform audits in order to ensure data integrity. Exceptional ability to handle discrepancies and problems, so that they do not affect end information.
5. Top-performing medical coder with exceptional skills in ensuring compliance of medical records with coding standards. Excellent ability to assign the right codes to each medical procedure. Competent in extracting the right information from patients’ charts.
6. Uniquely qualified medical coder with 4+ years of solid track record in interpreting patients’ medical charts, as well as assigning appropriate diagnostic and procedure codes. Familiar with federal, legal, and insurance regulations governing medical codes.