A Coder usually works in a healthcare facility where he or she is required to manage all aspects of the revenue cycle.
This may include coding and entering charges, posting insurance and payments, and managing other aspects of accounts receivable.
A resume for a coder position is the most critical part of your job application set.
Make it compelling enough to influence the employer regarding your skills and persuade her to discover more about you by inviting you in an interview.
You may get ideas from the example given below:
Coder Resume Example (Less Experience)
125 N Conduit Avenue
Jamaica, NY 33321
Looking for a position as a Coder with Family Health Center, utilizing exceptional medical billing and coding skills to assist in managing the revenue cycle.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years’ experience using all popular coding software, and coding and abstracting medical records by adhering to preset policies and guidelines
• Proficient in carrying out the business use of computer hardware and software to ensure the quality of processing
• Thorough understanding of ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding guidelines
• In-depth knowledge of coding resources and tools, including 3M encoder/grouper and PwC OP SMART
August 2016 – Present
Green Care Services – Jamaica, NY
• Perform coding services for outpatients and inpatients
• Process claims as many as 200 in a day
• Enter charges, payments, and insurance information in preset coding software
• Manage the preparation of patient and insurance refunds
• Handle insurance appeals and clearing existing accounts receivables
• Singlehandedly coded 350 patient records in a single working day during the absence of fellow coder
• Attained Employee of the Year award for minimum recorded coding errors in a year
Associate of Science in Medical Billing and Coding
CITY COLLEGE, Jamaica, NY – 2013
• Medicare / Medicaid / DRG
• Medical terminology
• Proficient in using healthcare software and able to learn new programs quickly
• Excellent communication skills
• Known for working with minimal supervision