Congratulations! You are ready to apply for your very first HHA job and you are raring to go. But is your resume also raring to go? Or is there a lack here? The all-important first job can only be obtained if your resume is a perfect one – or at least, near perfect. With these tips, you can write an entry level resume that is complete, concise and a joy to read!
Highlight your Education
Show off your degree if you have just earned it. At the entry level, your education is probably why you qualify as a good candidate. Ditch the job objective in favor of a qualifications summary. It will look more profound.
Quantify your Skills and Qualifications
It is not enough to simply write about your education. Why you qualify on both a personal and professional level is also important. Make a list of your skills and go through them to shortlist the ones that are relevant to the job that you are applying for. Put these in.
Do Not Underestimate the Importance of Summer Jobs, Volunteer Work and Internships
You may be applying for an entry level position but a little experience in a not so formal capacity, never hurt anyone! Mention it. Provide details where possible.
Skip the Embellishments
When you are putting fingers to keyboard, it is easy to exaggerate a little. Curb the temptation to stretch the truth. The actual truth will suffice.
653 E 200 N ● Albion, IN 53413● (999) 999-9999 ● annasilva @ email .com
HOME HEALTH AIDE
PROFILE: A quiet achiever; calm and focused with exceptional enthusiasm aimed at providing compassionate support to people who have trouble handling their daily needs. Excellent communication and organizational skills with eagerness to meet new challenges.
• Proficient in monitoring patients’ conditions by observing their physical and emotional conditions
• Well-versed in assisting patients in caring for themselves by providing physical support
• Documented success in eliciting patient education in a bid to help them understand and accept their conditions
• Unmatched ability to maintain a safe, secure and healthy patient environment by following facility standards and protocols
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|• Health Promotion||• Emotional Assistance||• Healthcare Administration|
|• Records Management||• Physical Therapy Support||• Medication Administration|
|• Ambulation Assistance||• Hygiene Services||• Nutrition|
ALBION HIGH SCHOOL, Albion, IN – 2014
High School Diploma
ACCURATE HOME CARE, Albion, IN (1/2010 to 5/2010)
Patient Care Volunteer
• Provided personal care services such as assistance with bathing, grooming, toileting and changing
• Assisted patients in taking charge of their lives by helping them with ambulation
• Administered medication prescribed by doctors by following a set schedules
• Prepared and fed nutritious food to patients, in accordance to their dietary plans
• Observed patients’ conditions and reported deteriorations or improvements immediately
• Documented care provision and managed patients’ records in a secure and confidential manner
Last updated on