As your cover letter and resume for the unit clerk position is your first contact with your prospective employer, take your time to prepare both.
A resume is typically an outline of a person’s educational and professional background.
Contemporary resumes are skill based and achievement focused.
To secure a position as a unit clerk with any firm, one needs to build an outstanding resume that focuses primarily on job-specific skills.
The following sample resume for unit clerk position will give you a good start in your job application process.
See also: Unit Clerk Cover Letter Sample
Unit Clerk Resume Sample
44 Bumping, 12th Ave, Houston, TX 65221
Poised to make the most of my clerical skills and patient care capabilities to assist those who need it the most.
Customer service-oriented Unit Clerk with 12 years of experience performing clerical tasks in busy healthcare settings. Highly skilled in greeting patients and preparing and compiling the record of the facility. In-depth knowledge of software associated with administrative tasks and maintaining records. Proficient in helping nurses with performing daily tasks including taking patients’ vitals and copying documents from the nurses’ record onto patient files
• Ability to receive phone calls and provide necessary information
• Thorough understanding of different mindsets and psychological care needed for patients and the ability to deal with them
• High commitment to serving patients over the years
• Good ethical conduct and integrity
• Ability to meet all physical requirements of the position
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Promoted Senior Unit Clerk in the third year at Beverly Hospice
• Achieved Employee of the Year Award 2 times for hard work, dedication, and commitment to the cause
Beverly Hospice, Houston, TX | 2011 – present
• Greet patients and families
• Answers telephone calls
• Confirms patient’s identity
• Perform assigned secretarial and clerical tasks
• Transport patients with disabilities and physical needs
• Assist nurses with obtaining vital statistics on a daily basis
• Maintain the safety of patients
• Assure patient hygiene
• Escort patients in wheelchairs
Choctaw Nation – Wilburton, OK | 2005 – 2011
• Answered telephone and took messages in a professional manner
• Managed the computer appointment system
• Punched non-medical information into the computer system
• Provided indirect patient care
• Prepared and accumulated records
• Met the communication requirements of the residents
• Adhered nursing and facility policies and procedures
High School Diploma
CITY SCHOOL, Wilburton, OK | 2004 – 2005
“I offer a high degree of patience and compassionate nature.”