A judicial clerk’s primary job is to assist the attorneys and judges in documenting daily court law proceedings. It is an exciting job for candidates who enjoy legal hearings and have exceptional writing and management skills.
The legal field is ever-changing, and the Judicial Clerkship position requires a lot of training for remaining updated.
In addition to case documentation, a judicial clerk may also be responsible for carrying out legal analysis, law research, and preparing draft opinions on various cases.
To be able to do all these tasks, an ideal candidate for the position must be appropriately trained and in possession of skills like research, case filing, and documentation.
The same must be communicated in an ideal resume for the job of a judicial clerk.
The following example will guide you on how to write an effective resume for a Judicial Clerkship position.
Judicial Clerkship Resume Example
832 Gilbert Avenue, Boulder, CO 98332
pamela @ email . com
Passionate judicial clerk with hands-on experience in opinion draft preparations, case record keeping, and legal research. Familiar with computer-based record-keeping software and groomed in coordinating with the judicial chamber as needed.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
✓ Case updating
✓ Draft preparation
✓ Legal research
✓ Calendar keeping
✓ Judicial committee coordination
Colorado Judicial Department, Boulder, CO
2017 – Present
- Maintain all case files and record data and retrieve the same when asked to
- Research on matters involved in appeal cases and present to the judge
- Proofread and edit draft opinions issued by the judge
- Prepare re-argument case summaries and memoranda
- Utilize knowledge of court specific terminology, case filing formalities, and case documenting guidelines
- Draft orders as per court guidelines and legal documents’ translation
- Operate photocopiers and fax machines
- Retrieved valuable hidden data that was needed for rehearing of an important case
- Rearranged and cataloged the whole set of case files for the year 2012
ABC Co, Boulder, CO
- Made travel and stay arrangement for the judge when needed
- Analyzed petitions for Supreme Court appeals and issued commendations based on the same
- Proofread case verdicts issued and rechecked the citations included
- Attended all court sessions and document any information necessary
Bachelor’s Degree in Law
ABC College, Boulder, CO
- MS Office suite
- Typing speed: 60 WPM