A judicial clerk’s main job is to assist the attorneys and judges in documenting daily court law proceedings. It is an interesting job for candidates who enjoy legal hearings and have exceptional writing and management skills. The judicial field is ever changing and the position requires a lot of training for remaining updated.
In addition to case documentation, a judicial clerk may also be responsible for carrying out legal analysis, law research and preparing draft opinions on various cases. To be able to do all these tasks, an ideal candidate for the position must be appropriately trained and in possession of skills like research, case filing and documentation. The same must be communicated in an ideal resume for the job of a judicial clerk.
The following example will guide you how to write an effective resume for Judicial Clerkship position.
Judicial Clerkship Resume Sample
832 Gilbert Avenue, Boulder, CO 98332 | Cellular: (003) 222-5555 | Home: (004) 777-4444
pamela @ email . com
A well practiced judicial clerk with hands on experience in opinion draft preparations, case record keeping and legal research. Familiar with computer based record keeping software and groomed in coordinating with the judicial chamber as needed.
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|✔ Case updating||✔ Draft preparation|
|✔ Legal research||✔ Calendar keeping|
|✔ Proof reading||✔ Judicial committee coordination|
|✔ MS Office suite||✔ Typing speed: 60 WPM|
RELATED CAPABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE
• Knowledge of court specific terminology, case filing formalities and case documenting guidelines
• Well versed in draft formatting as per court guidelines and legal documents’ translation
• Skilled in professional verification of citations
• Proficient in operating photocopiers and fax machines
Judicial Clerk | Colorado Judicial Department | Dec 2009 to Present
• Maintain all case files and record data and retrieve the same when asked to
• Research on matters involved in appeal cases and present to the judge
• Proofread and edit draft opinions issued by the judge
• Prepare re-argument case summaries and memoranda
• Make travel and stay arrangement for the judge when needed
• Analyze petitions for Supreme Court appeals and issue recommendations based on same
• Proof read all case verdicts issued and re check the citations included
• Attend all court sessions and document any information necessary
• Retrieved valuable hidden data that was needed for rehearing of an important case
• Rearranged and catalogued the whole set of case files for the year 2012
Bachelors in Law | SEEK college, Boulder, CO | 2009