If you have ever written a distribution clerk resume before, then you will know that it is not an easy document to write.
In fact, it can be described as the most challenging document to create in the job application process.
The reason for this is the fact that it has many sections, and all of them need to be developed properly.
Take one section at a time to carefully write it and do justice to it.
Here is a sample to help you:
Distribution Clerk Resume Sample
8 Apache Drive | Columbia, TN 55231 | (000) 999-2594 | toddsnipes @ email . com
Highly organized and results-oriented individual with a 9-plus-year track record of ensuring smooth flow of the ordering system within a warehouse environment. Demonstrated expertise in mobilizing orders to ensure on-time and accurate delivery to end customers. Effectively checks incoming shipments for damages or discrepancies, sorts items according to their serial and batch numbers and retrieves products from storage areas. Competent in performing cycle counts of all products and maintaining correlating inventory records. An exceptional communicator who is known for building relationships through open and honest communication.
|✓ Record-keeping||✓ Distribution||✓ Shipment Support|
|✓ Stocking||✓ Labeling Protocols||✓ Order Filling|
|✓ Processes Facilitation||✓ Workspace Organization||✓ Inventory Management|
|✓ Demand Identification||✓ Forklift Operations||✓ Storage Solutions|
Order Acceleration: Streamlined order processing procedures, resulting in an increase in expediting orders.
Process Improvement: Improved the inventory system by incorporating an alert module which dynamically provided reminders for replenishment of stock.
Facilitation: Introduced a novel ordering system, which decreased order placing time by 50%.
Recordkeeping: Devised a new recordkeeping system which reduced paper wastage by 85%.
Distribution Clerk | 2011 – Present
Restoration Hardware, Columbia, TN
• Go through work orders in detail and make preparations to process customers’ requests.
• Determine which part of the storage area the required items are placed and retrieve them.
• Ascertain that the picked article is under the information provided on the work order.
• Check batch and product numbers to ensure conformity to required order specification.
• Pack and label picked items according to established protocols and ensure that they are safely transported to the delivery truck.
• Count and enter warehouse stock into the system by following established protocols.
• Create and maintain paperwork associated with each order and ensure that all orders are sent out with appropriate invoices and documentation.
• Maintain electronic and physical data of all incoming orders and outgoing shipments.
Warehouse Aide | 2007 – 2011
Junction Solutions, Columbia, TN
• Assisted in locating items from storage areas and transporting them to delivery pallets.
• Ascertained that all picked orders were following specified instructions.
• Prepared orders forms and invoices and ensured that they were sent with all shipments.
• Assisted in creating and maintaining storage space for items and ensured that all items were placed within safely.
• Cleaned and maintained the warehouse area according to established procedures and protocols.
High School Diploma | 2006
Columbia High School, Columbia, TN