A resume is an integral part of the dispatch clerk job application set.
It is your only chance to get a hiring manager to show your skills and abilities.
Therefore, create it carefully.
The following sample will guide you in this regard.
Dispatch Clerk Resume Example
69 Tenth Street, Columbia, SC 69021
Resourceful and organized dispatch clerk with 11+ years’ extensive experience in dispatching drivers throughout local areas and coordinating delivery and pick-up of equipment. Skilled in creating and maintaining clear and consistent communication with dispatchers.
✓ Driver Liaison
✓ Clerical Assistance
✓ Quantities Reconciliation
✓ Documents Preparation
✓ Loading Supervision
✓ Records Maintenance
✓ Storage Calculation
✓ Successfully handled 76 dispatches in one day, on a particularly busy day at work.
✓ Implemented a novel documents preparation system, which proved to be 50% more efficient than the one already in place.
✓ Reconciled a particularly difficult to handle dispatch entry in the system, which had been in limbo for 6 weeks.
✓ Introduced a consistent communication system, designed to keep dispatch riders and drivers updated about requirements and destinations.
Reddaway, Columbia, SC
• Consult work orders to determine dispatch requirements and ensure that each order is prepared for.
• Instruct dispatch riders about the dispatch work that they have to carry out on their shifts.
• Provide dispatch riders information regarding items and destination locations.
• Assist riders in mapping short and accurate routes to destinations, to ensure timely delivery.
• Supervise the loading and unloading of items, ensuring that all items are correctly stored and stacked.
• Track dispatch riders to ensure that they are on the right track to delivery, and to provide customers with location information.
• Create and maintain constant and clear communication with riders to give them instruction and to ensure that they deliver on time.
• Manage logs and records of all dispatches made in a day following set protocols.
Tem Logistics, Columbia, SC
• Took orders for handling item dispatching activities and obtained additional information from the dispatch clerk.
• Routed safe and short routes to destinations, ensuring that items are delivered in a timely manner.
• Handled loading and unloading activities, ensuring that items were properly stacked and secured.
• Inspected delivery vehicles to ensure that they were in good working order before making deliveries.
• Performed deliveries according to specified routes and provided delivery information to dispatchers.
High School Diploma
St. Adam’s High School, Columbia, SC