The need for clerical support is imminent in every organization. It is crucial for every company to hire clerical staff in order to assist it in smoothing out its operations.
Clerical assistants are hired to handle many duties, including handling reception and greeting customers and visitors. They answer telephone calls and provide callers with the required information and also assist with incoming deliveries and in metering mail.
To work as a successful clerical assistant, one has to be very well-rounded in handling office work since one has to handle everything from the most menial to extremely sensitive tasks.
As your basic job application document, a Clerical Assistant resume has to be written with exceptional care. The more time and effort you spend on it, the better the end result will be.
For your reference, here is a resume sample for a clerical assistant position:
See also: Clerical Assistant Cover Letter
Clerical Assistant Resume Sample
3 Tilt Road, Henniker, NH 88992
bershane @ email . com
Hardworking and Talented
Detail-oriented clerical assistant with 11 years of extensive experience in performing a variety of clerical and administrative tasks in a time-efficient manner. Skilled in manning telephone calls, responding to requests for information, organizing records, scheduling appointments, and reviewing files. A detail-oriented and meticulous individual who has exceptional record-keeping and research skills. Particular focus on data confidentiality and safety.
CORE CLERICAL SKILLS
– Research Support – Data Entry
– Mail Management – Petty Cash Handling
– Inventory Control – Accounting Support
– Files Review – Correspondence Handling
– Database Management – Reception Services
– Office Equipment Operations – Filing Systems Maintenance
• Increased efficiency of the existing recordkeeping system, by implementing checks and balances at each stage.
• Contributed to the success of a project by providing well-researched and verified data.
• Revamped the office supplies inventory management system, making it 50% more reliable than before.
• Increased safety of filed documents by suggesting the implementation of coded passwords.
LSC Communications, Henniker, NH
11/2016 – Present
• Manage multi-line phone exchange, answer and direct telephone calls and take and relay messages
• Assist walk-in customers by directing them to their required departments.
• Provided information to clients
• Create and maintain records in a logical filing system and ensure that they are secured properly
• Respond to requests for data retrieval by first verifying the eligibility of the requester
• Pull data from archives and files and hand them over to the requester, and obtain receipts
• Monitor supplies inventory
• Create and maintain liaison with suppliers to ensure timely deliveries
• Perform data entry tasks with a view to saving information in predefined databases
• Provide research support to executives for each assigned project and assist with correspondence and accounting functions
Beta Systems, Henniker, NH
5/2011 – 11/2016
• Assisted in developing correspondence such as letters and memos
• Handled incoming mail distribution work
• Monitored inventory levels and alerted supervisor of any low stock situations
• Operated telephone consoles to make outgoing calls on behalf of executives, and serviced incoming calls
• Updated records in the company database by following set standards of data entry and information accuracy
• Took minutes of meetings, transcribed notes, and assisted with research and development work
Specialized Training in Office Management and Bookkeeping
Community College, Henniker, NH
• MS Word and Excel
• Email and Internet
Clerical Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
The following job description statements will help you write the experience section of your resume.
• Handle generic operations of the front desk.
• Greet customers and visitors and provide them with needed information.
• Direct clients to the concerned department or person.
• Receive incoming mail and ensure that it is distributed accurately.
• Handle mail metering tasks and ensure that enough postage is available at all times.
• Make sure that conference rooms are posted with daily calendars and schedules.
• Hand out employee schedules and memos.
• Provide support in managing company events such as employee recognition events and safety meetings.
• Schedule meetings, take minutes of the meetings, and ensure proper documentation of all information.
• Order office supplies and keep an inventory of stock.
• Type and prepare correspondence such as letters, memos, and emails.
• Ensure that all travel arrangements such as airline and hotel reservations are in check.
• Arrange conferences in person and through conference calling telephone systems.
• Assist in preparing timesheets and expense reports periodically.
• Investigate and report maintenance issues of office equipment such as fax, scanners, and printers.
• Perform data entry duties in a company-defined database.
• Ensure that records are properly filed and that the filing system is kept running and efficient.
• Open, sort, and distribute mail and verify that it has reached the right recipient.
• Maintain inventory of supplies and order supplies low in stock; keep in constant contact with vendors and suppliers.
• Copy and distribute paperwork such as memos and correspondence.
• Ensure that all filing and record management activities are carried out with accuracy and confidentiality.
• Service requests for information through replying to emails.
• Search for and retrieve information requested by company officials.
• Perform document faxing duties and handle invoices and receipts by filing them properly.
• Use a variety of equipment such as copiers, scanners, and printers to get the paperwork rolling.