The whole process of resume writing and screening has been changed during the past decade. In the old times, candidates were hired on basis of resume alone. These days, due to excessive competition, candidates are only shortlisted for an interview on basis of their resumes. This means the purpose of your resume is not to get hired, rather it is to get an interview.
Stop thinking like a candidate and start thinking like an employer. Once you understand how the application process works, it really takes just a bit of common sense to hit the mark with your resume. You can further beautify the same by starting the sentences with action verbs.
The following sample resume for apartment cleaner position will help you understand how to craft your own resume.
962 Elmwood Park Lane, Detroit, MI 48207
Cellular: (009) 326-5241 | Home: (006) 287-8954
jake . klien @ email .com
APARTMENT CLEANER / HOUSEKEEPER
Strong drive to excel in housekeeping field.
Driven and dependable Apartment Cleaner with a solid track record of performing a diverse range of housekeeping tasks and ensuring sanitation of commercial and residential buildings. Skilled in cleaning, dusting, vaccuming, polishing, carpet cleaning and garbage removal. Flexble and organized, works effectively with residents, coworkers and agencies. Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and follow defined procedures to meet the housekeeping goals.
|• Vacuum Cleaning||• Trash Removal/Disposal||• Floor Polishing|
|• Laundry||• Apartment Resetting||• Glass/window Cleaning|
• Set new records of quality cleaning within limited time at the Snyder Companies and was awarded the title ‘Super Cleaner’ in 2010
• Initiated a form based complain/feedback system in the apartments that enhanced customer satisfaction by 20%
• Fixed an expensive highly damaged chandelier by hand at Oakwood Worldwide saving the company a lot of replacement cost
Oakwood Worldwide, Detroit, MI | July 2011- Present
Apartment Cleaner and Turnover Specialist
• Fully utilize all environment friendly cleaning procedures and products available
• Assist in renovation and refurnishing tasks
• Clean floors, furniture and washrooms using modern cleaning methods
• Clean switch plates, electricity sockets and polish metal handles regularly
The Snyder Companies, Detroit, MI | April 2009 – June 2011
• Cleaned residential and official apartments to perfection within allotted time
• Cleared the parking and walking paths off snow using powered equipment
• Carried out weekly laundry for the apartment residents as per order
Clean Homes, Detroit, MI | December 2006 – March 2009
• Dusted, swept, mopped and cleaned the rooms and floors of the allotted houses
• Carried out laundry, polishing and light cooking tasks on daily basis
GED | City School, Detroit, MI | 2006
• Able to read, write and follow written as well as verbal instructions
• Familiar with safety procedures while using chemical cleaning agents
• Capable of clearing snow off the walkways
• Proficient in effective customer care delivery