Due to excessive competition, candidates are only shortlisted for an interview based on their resumes. This means the purpose of your resume is not to get hired; rather it is to get an interview.
Stop thinking like a candidate and start thinking like an employer.
Once you understand how the application process works, it takes just a bit of common sense to hit the mark with your resume.
You can further beautify the same by starting the sentences with action verbs.
The following sample resume for an apartment cleaner position will help you understand how to craft your resume.
Related: Apartment Cleaner Cover Letter
Sample Resume for Apartment or Building Cleaner Position
962 Elmwood Park Lane, Detroit, MI 48207
jake . klien @ email .com
APARTMENT CLEANER / HOUSEKEEPER
Strong drive to excel in the housekeeping field.
Driven and dependable Apartment Cleaner with a 13-plus-years solid track record of performing a diverse range of housekeeping tasks and ensuring sanitation of commercial and residential buildings. Skilled in cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, polishing, carpet cleaning, and garbage removal. Flexible and organized; works effectively with residents, coworkers, and agencies. Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and follow defined procedures to meet the housekeeping goals.
ACHIEVEMENTS & PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS
• Set new records of quality cleaning within the limited time at the Snyder Companies and was awarded the title ‘Super Cleaner’ in 2019
• Initiated a form-based complaint/feedback system in the apartments that enhanced customer satisfaction by 20%
• Fixed an expensive highly damaged chandelier by hand at Oakwood Worldwide saving the company a lot of replacement cost
• Vacuum Cleaning
• Trash Removal/Disposal
• Apartment Resetting
• Floor Polishing
• Glass/Window Cleaning
Oakwood Worldwide, Detroit, MI
• Fully utilize all environment-friendly cleaning procedures and products available
• Assist in renovation and refurnishing tasks
• Clean floors, furniture, and washrooms using modern cleaning methods
• Clean switch plates, electricity sockets, and polish metal handles regularly
The Snyder Companies, Detroit, MI
2009 – 2016
• Cleaned residential and official apartments to perfection within the allotted time
• Cleared the parking and walking paths off snow using powered equipment
• Carried out weekly laundry for the apartment residents as per order
Clean Homes, Detroit, MI
2006 – 2009
• Dusted, swept, mopped, and cleaned the rooms and floors of the allotted houses
• Carried out daily laundry, polishing, and light cooking tasks
City School, Detroit, MI | 2006
• Able to read, write and follow written as well as verbal instructions
• Familiar with safety procedures while using chemical cleaning agents
• Capable of clearing snow off the walkways
• Proficient in customer care delivery