If you are applying for the claims adjuster position, then you will need to write a resume as well as a cover letter.
A cover letter is especially important to write because it will work as an umbrella for your resume.
In your letter, mention your knowledge of examining damage to property and people, and the ability to collate various sources of information. This information will help the hiring manager decide your candidacy.
Related: Claims Adjuster Resume
Here are 2 examples for you to get ideas from:
Claims Adjuster Cover Letter Sample 1
652 Ninth Road
Blade Junction, TX 73632
September 10, 2022
Ms. Jennifer Arden
Manager Human Resources
Sarandon Life Insurance
679 Rose Road
Blade Junction, TX 77764
Dear Ms. Arden:
Upon reading your job advertisement for the claims adjuster position at Sarandon Life Insurance, I am sending my resume for your consideration.
Through my 12 years of hands-on experience as a claims adjuster, I honed my talents to provide excellent claims service following state regulations. My extreme dedication to the work saved the company $400000 from false claims.
My skills in the insurance claims field include:
- Carrying out thorough and quick investigations of claims to ensure prompt case closure.
- Investigating claims with an informed eye to make sure that insurance claims are genuine.
- Negotiating with contractors and claimants so that an optimum agreement on rates and claims can be worked out.
I would like to meet with you to discuss how I will be suitable for the claims adjuster job at Sarandon Life Insurance. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Claims Adjuster Cover Letter Sample 2
September 10, 2022
Mr. Gary Sandler
Human Resources Manager
Aetna Insurance Company
100 Hail Road
Arlington Heights, IL 44545
Dear Mr. Sandler:
I am very interested in working as a claims adjuster for Aetna Insurance Company. After reading the job description, I found that there is a perfect match between your needs and my qualifications.
It has been three years since I began working as a claims adjuster. Since then, I have come a long way in many areas, including investigation, and follow-up. Specifically, my skills include the following:
- Expert in investigating property damage and personal injury
- Hands-on experience in gathering and collating information from different sources
- Ability to adequately prepare reports for claims examiners
- Special talent for consulting with specialists including lawyers, and physicians
Besides that, I am familiar with claims software and able to lead and motivate teams.
I have attached my resume with this letter which will give you detailed information about my experience and competencies. I thank you for your time and expectantly wait to hear a positive response from you.