An insurance claims adjuster needs to make an attractive in order to apply for a new job.
The following is a great sample resume for an insurance claims adjuster position. You can use this sample as a template to make your own resume.
Insurance Claims Adjuster Resume Example
658 Greene Road NE, Huntington, WV72544
INSURANCE CLAIMS ADJUSTER
Highly experienced insurance claims adjuster with 8+ years of solid track in determining claims payments. Ability to inspect premises in order to determine damage, and possible repair costs.
• Property Examination
• Payment Calculation
• Claimant Relationship
• Liability Reporting
• Progress Tracking
• Claims Review
• Damage Assessment
- Successfully implemented a unique investigation system tha decreased investigation time by 50%.
- Introduced the concept of evidence assessment, reducing associated problems by 20%.
- Trained 13 insurance claims adjusters as part of their induction.
- Significantly improved ties with local authorities such as police and hospitals, hence, decreased investigation problems.
Insurance Claims Adjuster
Progressive Insurance Company, Huntington, WV
5/2012 – Present
- Confer with claimants in order to determine reasons for insurance claims.
- Provide claimants with information on their rights.
- Check policies in order to figure out coverage essentials.
- Inspect properties such as land, houses, and vehicles to determine damage.
- Create initial damage reports.
- Perform further investigations in order to verify damage background information.
- Provide claimants with information regarding payments and copays or out of pocket payments.
- Process insurance claims according to police information.
- Follow up on claims statuses.
- Expedite claims payments.
- Provide assistance in resolving problems, for example, delayed payouts.
- Create and maintain reports of claims and associated payments.
Insurance Claims Aide
Aetna Insurance, Huntington, WV
2/2009 – 5/2012
- Checked for insurance claims forms in order to determine information accuracy.
- Provided claimants with information on required documentation.
- Assessed evidence such as photographs and videos.
- Ensured that claimants were provided with policy coverage information.
- Assisted in processing rightful claims in accordance with procedures.
- Filed claims forms in a safe and confidential manner.
- Retrieved insurance policy documents upon request.
High School Diploma
St. Heed’s High School, Huntington, WV