A Home Daycare Provider is accountable for providing a secure and developmentally suitable daycare program for the children at the employer’s home.
In this role, you can spend quality time with the children. You will need to work in accordance with all relevant state laws, policies, and procedures.
- Hands-on experience in the field of childcare, including infants and toddlers
- Current driver’s license and reliable transportation
- CPR & First Aid certification preferred
- Dependable and driven
- Quick decision-making skills
- GED or High School Diploma
- Some coursework in child care field will be a plus
Writing a good resume for a home daycare provider position can be daunting. You don’t know how an employer will react and you certainly don’t know what the results are after sending one.
However, this is something that needs to be done.
What do you do?
You follow a sample that is easy to read – like the one below:
Home Daycare Provider Resume Example
400 N Main Street
Medina, NY 10022
carrierobb @ email . com
HOME DAYCARE PROVIDER
Nurturing and patient individual, with exceptional insight into providing dedicated and individualized care to assigned wards. Highly skilled in providing care to children ranging from infancy to young adulthood, placing special focus on their physical and emotional well-being. Able to assess each child’s specific emotional and physical needs and develop plans to meet them.
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
✓ Child Safety ✓ Emotional Support
✓ Special Needs Assistance ✓ Emergency Handling
✓ Meal Preparation ✓ Behavioral Management
✓ Homework Assistance ✓ Mealtime Supervision
✓ Errands Running
Home Daycare Provider
Daycare Inc., Medina, NY
Nov 2017 – Present
• Confer with parents to determine their specific requirements for in-home care for their children.
• Note down significant information regarding children including meal times, nutritional issues, and behavior management challenges.
• Engage children in conversation to determine their likes and dislikes, and their individual personalities.
• Create and implement core care plans according to the specific requirements of each child.
• Oversee children while they are playing or sleeping to ensure their physical and emotional wellbeing.
• Prepare delicious meals according to the specifications provided by parents, and ensure that children partake of their food on time.
• Develop and implement healthy and age-appropriate activities for assigned children.
• Provide immediate and well-placed intervention during emergencies, concentrating on the safety of assigned children.
Key Accomplishments & Results
• Successfully handled a child with advanced special needs for a period of 3 months.
• Singlehandedly developed and implemented a range of age-appropriate activities for children aged between 3 years and 10 years.
AA Company, Medina, NY
Jan 2010 – Nov 2017
• Provided one on one care to children by assisting them with their personal needs.
• Changed diapers and prepared bottles according to specified routines and instructions.
• Created and implemented activities for assigned children and ensured that they were watched over during each activity.
• Assisted parents with daily household chores such as washing and laundry and ensured that healthy meals were prepared and fed to assigned children.
• Provided support to children with their homework and special products, and accompanied them to play dates and outdoor activities.
Key Accomplishments & Results
• Introduced 12 nutritious meal plans to parents, which they could pick and choose from according to their children’s requirements and likes.
• Saved a child from choking on a piece of Lego by providing immediate and well-placed emergency services on the spot.
High School Diploma
Medina High School, Medina, NY
Home Daycare Provider Job Description for Resume
Here are some duties and responsibilities that can be included effectively in a home daycare provider resume.
- Perform a variety of activities for children such as singing songs, playing games, and telling the story
- Develop day-to-day plans for toddlers and children under the care
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment for the children
- Plan and apply activities to meet the emotional, bodily, intellectual, and social needs of the children in the employer’s home
- Pick children from School and accompany them at home until parents get home from work
- Establish child routines and offer constructive guidance
- Ensure kids are supervised at all times
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals and snacks
- Set up and implement policies and procedures to maintain the discipline of home
- Manage activities, games, and toys used during the care time
- Accompany children at parks and doctor’s visits
- Ensure children’s room is clean, well maintained, and secure at all times
- Provide opportunities for sleep and rest time
- Build self-respect and self-esteem in children
- Provide daily schedules of activities
- Develop culturally suitable programs and activities
- Develop numerical activities that establish math and literacy concepts
- Provide an emergency solution or call for help in case of an emergency
- Keep parents informed regarding the child’s development