Pastry chefs do much more than just bake and decorate pastry.
They are required to train people working under them especially where decorating techniques are concerned.
If you are a talented pastry chef who has a great love for baking, you should use the following resume as a template when applying for a position in this regard.
This example is provided to you by career services professionals and is meant to familiarize you with a proper resume format and style.
Related: Pastry Chef Cover Letter
The only purpose is to get you started and strengthen your previous resume.
Best Sample Resume for Pastry Chef Position
664 Central Ave, Laurel, DE 88833
Pastry Chef Training from The Culinary Institute of America
Passionate Pastry Chef with 9+ years of experience in the areas of baking and cooking. Proficient in hiring, training, and coaching pastry and baking teams. Knowledge of cake decoration and flaky pastry techniques. Able to operate relevant machines such as dough dividers, sheeters, rounders, and ovens. Proven record of overseeing pastry baking efforts to maximize customer satisfaction. Strong leadership skills with the ability to build a positive work environment.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Pastry Preparation
• Sanitary Handling
• Food and Service Techniques
• Work within Pre-Established Budget
• Marketing Strategies
• Record Keeping
• Report Preparation
• Researching Current Trends
ABC Company – Laurel, DE
Feb 2013 – present
• Won the Biggest Cake Competition in 2019 by being part of a team of pastry chefs who baked a 72lb chocolate cake
• Introduce a creamy, flaky pastry as a novelty for patrons
• Perform baking tasks in accordance with the hotel’s menu
• Supervise and coordinate the efforts of the baking staff to produce puddings, icings, and other fancy pastries
• Direct pastry staff in task performances
Hyatt – Laurel, DE
Aug 2009 – Feb 2013
• Utilized aesthetic skills to make pastries
• Decorated products with icing designs, and created new recipes
• Inspected kitchen and baking equipment for cleanliness and workability
• Ordered and purchased supplies and equipment
• Prepared budgets and supervised apprentices
High School Diploma
Laurel High School, Laurel, DE
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficient in the use of baking equipment
• Ability to perform basic math operations