Resume writing requires a lot of thought behind it, as opposed to people believing that one can just throw information in it.
You need access to a good format – the following one should help:
Food Lion Cashier Resume Sample
(000) 999-8542 | 28 NE 55th Street, Miami, FL 82365 | chsheen @ email . com
Highly experienced cashier, with over 5 years of experience of working for one of the biggest grocery chains in the country. Exceptionally talented in handling a wide variety of retail and cash management tasks, with special focus on quality customer services.
• Demonstrated expertise in handling cash and credit card transactions to complete cashiering procedures.
• Effectively able to count and balance assigned cash drawers, with special focus on minimizing discrepancies.
• Deep familiarity with handling retail sale work, with special emphasis on quality service, and customer satisfaction.
• Proficient in training both cashiers, and retail representatives to perform exceptionally well-placed activities, within a grocery store setting.
|✓ Cash Balancing||✓ Discrepancy Handling||✓ POS Operations|
|✓ Customer Services||✓ Complaint Handling||✓ Accounts Management|
|✓ Transactions Processing||✓ Reporting||✓ Bank Liaison|
|✓ Scanning Processes||✓ Barcodes Insight||✓ Returns Processing|
• Successfully implemented a novel cash balancing system, which proved to be 60% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Resolved a particularly stubborn discrepancy in the assigned cash drawer, before it affected the overall accounts of that day.
• Introduced a POS machine, which automatically balanced cash drawers, making the work less cumbersome than usual.
• Retained a particularly irate corporate customer, by providing him with exceptional services, and convincing him not to take his business elsewhere.
Food Lion, Miami, FL | 6/2010 – Present
• Greet customers as they arrive at the cash counter with their purchases, and examine items.
• Look for barcodes on each item and scan it on the assigned scanning machine.
• Provide customers with information on prices of their purchased items, when requested.
• Total customers’ bills and inform them of total payable amounts.
• Process both cash and credit card payments, ensuring that change and receipts are tendered.
• Make arrangements for bought grocery items to be packed and delivered to customers’ vehicles.
• Assist customers by providing them with information on where to find their desired products, and entertaining complaints.
• Balance cash registers at the end of each shift, ensuring that any discrepancies are immediately handled.
Fresco’s, Miami, FL| 2/2009 – 5/2010
• Assisted cashiers in setting up cash machines at the beginning of each shift.
• Ascertained that sufficient amounts of change was available in each drawer.
• Scanned customers’ purchases using barcode scanners, and itemized their bills.
• Provided support in balancing cash drawers, and assisted in handling discrepancies.
• Assisted sales representatives in servicing customers, leading them to their desired items.
St. John’s High School, Miami, FL – 2009
High School Diploma