Creating a resume for a cashier position at home depot is not difficult – it just requires a certain amount of effort to make it profound.
Resumes may be perceived in many different ways by hiring managers. It is up to you to make sure that yours receives the favor.
The type of information that you provide in your resume is important. Just remember that you must provide information that is relevant to the needs of the employer.
Here is a resume sample that is spot on with the requirements of the cashier position at home depot:
Home Depot Cashier Resume Sample
12 Highland Flats Road | Naples, ID 54788
(000) 653-2514 | ginalord @ email . com
Dedicated cashier with extensive experience in handling standard and complex POS systems to process cash and credit/debit card payments. Ability to balance cash drawers, handle discrepancies, scan items, and determine prices.
Provided exceptional customer service that ensured 80% repeat business opportunities. Effectively made sales referrals and handled exchanges and returns according to company policies and protocols.
✓ POS Handling
✓ Discrepancy Management
✓ Drawer Balancing
✓ Sales Referrals
✓ Checkout Consistency
✓ Bagging Assistance
✓ Delivery Service
✓ Refunds and Exchanges
✓ Prices Identification
✓ Sales Reconciliation
✓ Visual Merchandising
✓ Sales Assistance
✓ Successfully balanced a colleague’s cash drawer, a feat that 3 other cashiers failed at due to a missing entry.
✓ Managed 3 cash tills at one time, in the absence of other cashiers during a particularly busy day at the store.
✓ Filled in for a sales associate for 3 months, resulting in increasing the company’s revenues by 23%.
✓ Received accolades for providing valuable input to a visual display which increased customer interest and inflow to the store.
The Home Depot, Naples, ID
2012 – Present
• Greet customers when they arrive at the checkout counter and engage them in light conversation
• Check customers’ purchases and provide them with pricing information when required
• Scan customers’ purchases and provide them with information on what is owed
• Take cash and credit and debit cards and process payments according to company policies
• Tender change and receipts and ensure that customers are provided with after-sales services information
• Arrange for customers’ purchases to be delivered to their vehicles and make arrangements for deliveries to offices and homes
• Balance the cash drawer at the end of each day and ensure that any discrepancies are handled before the end of the shift
• Serve customers in the role of a sales associate to help them locate and choose products of their choice
Costco, Naples, ID
2007 – 2012
• Assisted customers in locating products by leading them to the correct departments or floors
• Provided core product information and demonstrated product features and benefits
• Coordinated purchases between sales associates and cashiering staff members to expedite the process
• Arranged for purchased items to be delivered to customers homes or offices
• Kept the assigned floor clean and tidy by coordinating services of the janitorial staff
High School Diploma
St. Paul High School, Naples, ID | 2005