Due to the short supply of supermarket jobs as compared to the ratio of job seekers, today’s job market works on the ‘survival of fittest’ principle.
To obtain a supermarket cashier position, you must build a well crafted and targeted resume containing your relevant skills and competencies.
The best way to create a good resume is to list down your areas of expertise and shortlist them to bring your competencies in line with the employer’s needs.
The following is a sample resume for a supermarket cashier position.
Sample Resume for Supermarket Cashier Job
897 Kroger’s Lane ✲ Alvin, TX 78554
Cash Handling / Drawer Management / Customer Service / Upselling
Dedicated and reliable cashier with 8+ years’ progressively responsible experience as a cashier and customer service professional. Adept at supermarket counter cash and card transactions. Knowledgeable in general supermarket transaction policies and guidelines. Recognized for providing efficient service while addressing the concerns of customers. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Demonstrated ability to manage cash register and process transactions electronically
• Proficient in balancing daily sales, and closing down of checkout counters
• Ability to efficiently calculate and apply discount offers
• Well versed in maintaining goods and sales inventory
• Considerable knowledge of cash counter software
Publix Super Market, Austin TX
2013 – Present
• Scan items through a bar code reader
• Manually enter the item number into the system when needed
• Maintain the checkout counter in running condition
• Accept payments through cash and credit cards, and make entries accordingly
• Balance the day’s transactions at daily cash closing
• Implemented Point of sales touch screen register at four counters, educated and trained three cashiers regarding its usage and handling protocol
• Contributed to the supermarket’s sales via massive charitable promotions
• Earned the most punctual employee award twice in three years
Customer Service Cashier
FreshCo, Austin TX
2010 – 2013
• Process and verify payments involving the transfer of electronic funds
• Demonstrated a friendly and professional attitude towards customers
• Followed the company’s guidelines regarding cash payments policy
• Assisted in the stocking of any rearrangement of display items in the supermarket when needed
The University of Texas, Austin, TX | 2010
Associate’s degree in Business Administration
• Exceptional mathematical computing skills
• Familiar with the processing of coin star vouchers
• Tendering electronic fund transfers including VISA cards and EBT
• Well versed in handling Point of Sales touch screen register
“I offer a strong work ethic, and the ability to work collaboratively.”