Thinking of writing a resume to apply for a bakery cashier position? Wait. Look at what we have to say first.
As a bakery cashier, you will need to perform many duties, all of which need to be made part of the resume.
Also, your skills and abilities in handling cashiering services need to be emphasized.
Applying for a bakery cashier position will require you to handle many tasks – associated competencies must be highlighted in your resume.
The format of the resume should be friendly.
Make it as detailed as possible. However, do not go overboard with information, as you do not want to discourage the recruiter from reading it.
Here is a resume sample for a bakery cashier position that you can look through:
Bakery Cashier Resume Example
2894 Acre Road
Florence, SC 38444
Hardworking bakery cashier with 9+ years of experience in handling cash and credit card transactions, as well as the bakery counter. Highly skilled in balancing cash drawer, and providing customers with assistance in choosing items according to their liking.
• Implemented a unique drawer balancing system, hence, reducing discrepancies by 35%.
• Introduced the concept of stock rotation that decreased food spoilage.
• Devised an upselling method, thereby, increasing sales of cupcakes by $2000 per month.
• Successfully audited a cash drawer that had been in a state of limbo for 2 days.
A Piece of Cake, Florence, SC
• Greet customers when they arrive at the bakery outlet.
• Ensure that a bakery attendant is available to attend to customers.
• Assist customers in choosing items.
• Provide pricing and expiry information.
• Process cash and credit card payments.
• Perform upselling activities in order to meet sales targets.
ABC Bakery, Florence, SC
• Issued receipts as well as change.
• Balanced cash drawers at the end of each shift.
• Handled discrepancies such as excess or missing cash.
• Created and maintained effective liaison with banks for deposit purposes.
• Ensured the cleanliness of all assigned bakery areas.
Hot Fusion, Florence, SC
• Stacked displays with items such as cakes, pastries, and cookies.
• Packed the purchased items according to provided instructions.
• Ensured that counters and displays were kept clean and sanitized.
• Performed food rotation activities, in order to keep food items fresh.
• Followed up on individual requests for events.
High School Diploma
St. Paul’s High School, Florence, SC – 2009
– Cash Drawer Balancing – Bank Liaison
– Stock Rotation – Sanitization
– Payment Processing – Sales Maximization
– Customer Service – Communication