Horse caretakers are responsible for taking care of horses, feeding them, cleaning the stables, and keeping an eye on horses’ overall health. Specific jobs of a horse caretaker may vary depending on their place of employment.
When writing a Horse Caretaker resume, read the employer’s specific job description carefully and then customize your resume accordingly. Here are some useful tips to help you write a great resume for a horse caretaker job:
- Choose an appealing format.
- Make sure that your resume is easy to read.
- Limit your resume to one page in length.
- Include relevant information about your skills and experiences.
- Highlight your relevant achievements in a quantified manner.
Here is a Horse Caretaker Resume sample for your guidance.
Horse Caretaker Resume Sample
852 Central Avenue
Phoenix AZ 44444
zachary .clark @ email.com
Highly meticulous and energetic horse caretaker well versed in horse training, strong attention to detail with a profound ability to identify any health issues in horses. Proven skills in keeping stables neat and clean; track record of providing unparalleled grooming and care to horses.
• Apt at brushing, trimming clipping, and cleaning horse fur and hair.
• Trained in exercising the horses according to the prescribed schedule.
• Adept at fixing horseshoes, setting up saddles, and removing the same.
• Well-versed in providing basic medical care to injured horses and administering prescribed medication.
• Skilled in caring for newly born horses and their mothers.
Cory Kreisler Racing Club, Phoenix AZ
Sep 2020 – Present
• Reduced animal illness rate by 20% by maintaining each horse’s growth and medication charts.
• Carried out horse grooming, coat cleaning, brushing, trimming, and ear cleaning tasks.
• Trained the yearlings in basic ground manners.
• Greeted the clients and guided them regarding horse riding protocols.
• Visited all horses daily and inspected them to identify signs of any illness or infection.
• Fed and watered the horses according to prescribed dietary schedules.
Waltz Saddle House, Phoenix AZ
May 2018 – Sep 2020
• Sanitized and cleaned the stables and fed the horses.
• Provided basic medical care to horses and tended to injuries.
• Walked the horses every morning and provided them with exercises.
• Maintained the riding track in neat, clean, and maintained condition.
• Kept record of available equipment like saddles and bridles.
• Carried out fence mending and barn repair and maintenance tasks.
Current AZ State Driver’s License
High School Diploma
YC High School, Phoenix, AZ
First Aid and CPR