Creating a favorable impression on the potential employer in 10 to 15 seconds is not an easy task.
To achieve this target, your resume for care worker position must be designed to impress the recruiter at first glance.
How to Write a Care Worker Resume?
• Make sure that the most job-relevant skills are covered first and are highlighted most.
• Use bullets or tables to showcase your skills. Bullet points are meant to objectify the document.
• Ensure that no bullet point is longer than one line if you add paragraphs of information in bullets; the purpose of bullet points becomes null and void.
• Be concise. Employers are always short of time and like brief, crisp bullet points as compared to lengthy autobiographies.
See also: Care Worker Cover Letter
Care Worker Resume Sample
5443 Menlo Park, Edison, NJ 67333
❖❖ CARE WORKER ❖❖
Compassionate and dependable professional with 9+ years of firsthand experience in the personal care field. Particularly effective in initiating group socialization activities and offering specialized care to assigned clients.
Saint Francis Health Care System, Edison, NJ | 2012 – Present
• Assist and educate residents in daily living skills
• Maintain a healthy, lively and pleasant in-house physical and social environment
• Serve as clients’ advocate within the residence and community
• Assist the clients in personal care
• Devise healthy social activities for the residents
• Ensure client’s dignity at all times
• Identify, handle, intervene and resolve any violent situation effectively
• Implemented and documented numerous IHP training activities the facility
• Introduced ISP individualized support planning at the facility for the first time
HELP Foundation, Inc. Edison, NJ | 2009 – 2012
• Assisted in improving daily living skills of the residents
• Fostered enhanced independence wherever possible
• Developed and implemented individualized care plans with short-term targets on a timeline
• Facilitated group therapy sessions regularly
• Communicated with the resident’s family and doctor
• Assisted residents with healthy menu planning and cooking
• Counseled adolescents and children
• Identified two cases of child abuse/ neglect during DDD overview and reported the same immediately
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelors Degree in Behavioral Health
NEW JERSEY UNIVERSITY, Edison, NJ
Home Health Aide, Ney Jersey
MAB (Managing Aggressive behavior) Certification
CPR and First Aid certified
Multilingual (English, Spanish, Italian)
Current Driver’s license with a clean driving record