A home care worker’s main job is to provide assistance to clients within the comfort of their own homes.
To apply for such a position requires the applicant to create a Home Care Worker resume that speaks highly of their experience and skills.
Technically, a home care worker resume should focus on the applicant’s achievements.
Looking for keywords in the advertisement for a home care worker position will help you write an informative resume.
Also, calling attention to important accomplishments as a home care worker will help the applicant’s case.
Here is a home care worker resume sample to gain ideas from:
See also: Home Care Worker Cover Letter
Sample Resume for Home Care Worker Position
946 High Road, Lancaster, PA
Seasoned home care worker, hoping to apply 11 years of experience and training in providing excellent personal services to clients. Profound knowledge of health issues, relevant to children, adults, and the elderly. Compassionate, tolerant, and friendly individual, offering competency in running errands, and ensuring the safety and wellbeing of assigned clients.
Hygiene Care | Vitals Recording
Treatment Oversight | Nutrition Management
Emergency Response | Family Education
Light Housekeeping | Errands Running
Appointments Coordination | Routine Creation
• Organized a series of activities for a diverse patient population, increasing their morale
• Initiated a family education system, improving the family’s understanding of diseases and disabilities
• Successfully oversaw the daily needs of clients with a diverse range of requirements
Home Care Worker
Visiting Angels, Lancaster, PA
5/2013 – Present
• Check the assigned clients’ medical histories to gain ideas about their conditions
• Talk to family members to determine clients’ needs, and limitations
• Provide personal care such as bathing, grooming, and washing
• Monitor clients’ conditions and provide physical and emotional assistance
• Check and record vitals, and inform doctors in cases of problems
• Lift, turn and reposition bedridden clients to keep them healthy
• Keep clients engaged by playing games and having conversations
• Handle emergency situations by performing CPR, and First Aid
• Record clients’ information into daily logs
• Educate family members to look after clients
• Maintain safety precautions, ensuring that clients come to no harm
Personal Care Volunteer
Erickson Living, Lancaster, PA
2/2011 – 5/2013
• Observed and monitored patients to ensure their wellbeing
• Recorded vitals information such as temperature, pulse, and blood pressure
• Assisted with personal tasks such as washing, eating, and grooming
• Encouraged clients to participate in social and recreational activities
High School Diploma
St. Salem’s High School, Lancaster, PA