We are reiterating the importance of a compelling resume and the role that it plays in getting you a job. Similarly, resumes for Home Support Worker position need to have just the right information that will entice an employer to meet with you in order to know more about you.
➜ Do not lie in your resume as you will be embarrassed if a related question is asked at the interview or your claims might be verified at a later stage.
➜ Most importantly! Spell check your resume at least three times before sending.
Write your job application by using the following sample resume and this Cover Letter for Home Support Worker job.
Home Support Worker Resume Example
12 9th Avenue – Salt Springs, NB D6R 8T4
Contact #, Email
HOME SUPPORT WORKER
Dedicated to improve clients independence and quality of life, through compassion and person-centered goals. Enjoy working one-on-one with multicultural people.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over a decade of experience working in different care capacities
• First Aid, CPR and BLS Certified
• Experienced in providing home care to elders, disabled persons and clients with special needs
• Proficient in providing home care in addition to housekeeping and personal hygiene
• Hands-on experience in preparing meals and transporting clients to appointments and activities
• Highly skilled in assisting with exercises, physiotherapy and other medical procedures
• Possess a friendly and welcoming attitude with a neat appearance
• Received 7 awards over a 10 years’ tenure for successful design and implementation of interactive and training programs for clients
• Improved the care procedures utilizing modern techniques
Kindred Home Care – Salt Springs, NB | June 2000 – Present
Home Support Worker
• Ensure care is provided to all clients in accordance to the facility’s policies and procedures
• Monitor supplies and resources
• Assist clients with personal and intellectual needs
• Decide and implement individually tailored care plan
• Suggest recommendations for change in existing care plan
• Monitor clients’ vitals as and when needed
• Manage unanticipated situations
High School Diploma | Salt Springs High School – 1998
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
• Thorough understanding of appropriate home care techniques
• Good skills in stress management and conflict resolution
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• MS Office applications, email and internet