Even if you have recently prepared and sent your resume off to apply for an assistant buyer job, take another look at it.
This time around, you may need to change a few things as you are technically applying for a different job.
Yes, you must make changes to your resume depending on what the organization to whom you are applying wants.
For your benefit, here is a resume sample that is targeted to the position of an assistant buyer:
Assistant Buyer Resume Sample
7 Neshannock Road
Hermitage, PA 42900
kyle.white @ email . com
Highly accomplished Assistant buyer with a 7-plus-year track record in buying and procurement, with a particular focus on order timeliness and accuracy. Proficient in reviewing requisitions and developing specifications to permit competitive procurement of goods, verifying budgeted funds for specific products and items, and creating and maintaining procurement documentation in a systematic and auditable manner. Efficiently monitors purchase orders, shipping information, reorders, and markdowns. A friendly and dependable individual who has an inherent knack to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Product Assortments
• Planning Accuracy
• Vendor Relations
• Merchandising Strategies
• Product Prioritization
• Warehouse Releases
• Order Placement
• Implemented a system that proved instrumental in handling product priority management, making the process 50% more efficient than earlier.
• Streamlined the warehouse release process by implementing a series of SOPs, resulting in increased effectiveness in releasing products from the warehouse.
• Received accolades from the management for a “perfect” product mix, solely self-developed.
• Decreased shipment costs by $5000 per month by acquiring services from a less expensive vendor, providing the same level of quality.
Havana Jeans, Hermitage, PA
5/2019 – Present
• Determine the overall/core product mix for each buying area to ensure that the final mix is customer service-oriented.
• Provide organizational support by maintaining accurate buy sheets and spreadsheet reports.
• Handle sample management duties by actively obtaining samples from vendors for all product meetings.
• Assist buyers in developing business strategies and seasonal assortment plans.
• Research markets and identify opportunities and recommend new products or concepts to the management.
• Coordinate the functions of different departments such as design, inventory management, sourcing, production, packaging, and visual merchandising.
• Investigate field issues and respond to them according to communication strategy standards.
• Recommend floor layouts to buyers and assist buyers in determining appropriate adjustments such as markdowns and delivery changes.
Forever 21, Hermitage, PA
2/2015 – 5/2019
• Assisted in handling market research work by identifying opportunities and limitations.
• Handled markdown duties by responding to particular instructions of the buyer.
• Created and maintained periodic reports, best sellers, and recaps to support merchandising strategies.
• Maintained and monitored purchase orders, consolidations and allocations.
• Streamlined incoming orders and managed inventory of in-store stock.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
Pennsylvania State University, Hermitage, PA