No experience can sometimes be a good thing. Why do we say that? Well, if you don’t have experience, you won’t be expected to write a lot in a cover letter! Unfortunately, this is a one off thing. The first time that you write a cover letter, you may not have a lot to say which will save you from the expectations of the person reading it. However, there are two sides to this:
1. Even if you are not experienced enough to write much, you still have to satisfy the reader who is banking on reading something that will make you come across as a viable candidate to hire.
2. The “not experienced” part can only be taken advantage of once. If you are applying for a job for a position that you have experience of, this one time rule does not apply.
But since we are taking the first part into account, let’s discuss what you can write in an assistant buyer cover letter when you have nothing much to say! Firstly, it is impossible for you to apply for a job and not have much to say. Even if you just have book knowledge, you can still outline your expertise quite well. And since many people do take up internships and part time / volunteer jobs, there is a lot that you can write.
What follows is a cover letter sample for assistant buyer who has no experience in hand:
652 Wales Street
Blairsville, PA 14211
p.frost @ email . com
July 27, 2016
Mr. Chris Evans
658 Ian Way
Blairsville, PA 52031
Dear Mr. Evans:
The business degree that I have recently acquired focused heavily on product mixes and placement. This exposure is actually what made me decide to apply for a position as an assistant buyer at Urban Outfitters. Since my final year project was pertinent to buying in the fashion industry, I believe that I will have much to offer as soon as I am made part of the company.
As an energetic individual who has thorough understanding of merchandising and buying activities within the apparel industry, I am positive that my contributions will not be minimum. Some of the areas that my expertise lie in include:
• Reviewing requisitions and developing specifications for procurement of items.
• Verifying budgeted funds for specific product lines.
• Soliciting written and telephone quotations.
• Creating product assortments according to industry trends and seasonal requirements.
My resume is enclosed for your consideration. I believe that it will be prudent to meet in person soon so that I can elaborate on my knowledge of the buying world. I will call soon to set up an appointment. If you need to reach me, please contact me at (000) 142-7454.