You are important to an employer because of the skills and abilities that you have. Without your skills, you cannot provide any benefit to an employer who wants his work done and he wants it done now! So the first thing that you have to look out for is how to place your skills in a resume. Yes, the resume is where your skills can be best highlighted, so make good use of the format of a resume.
Why do you need to place so much emphasis on your skills when the resume is full of information about you specifically? Well, the resume is a huge document and it does have a lot of information pertaining to you specifically, but you must know that the resume is an all-encompassing document and needs to be very detailed. This means that you need to emphasize every section – the skills section is specifically being mentioned here because of its high importance on a resume.
Coming to how one needs to write the skills section on an assistant buyer resume, let’s see what works. About 4 statements that are written in your favor fully are enough to make a point. And to see how these statements need to be written, here is a list of them – for an assistant buyer position:
• Track record of effectively analyzing customer buying patterns and predicting correlating future trends
• Deep familiarity with managing plans for stock levels and effectively reacting to changes in demands and logistics
• Highly experienced in maintaining fruitful relationships with existing vendors and suppliers and sourcing new ones for future liaison
• Exceptionally well-versed in liaising with different departments including merchandising and sales to ensure that all buying and projection requirements are fulfilled
• Competent at providing input in promotional activities and visual merchandise setups
• Effectively able to research and present new product ranges to retail managers
• Focused on researching and developing product assortments in sync with the demands of retailers and customers
• Qualified to maintain and monitor purchase orders, shipping, reorders and markdowns
• Hands-on experience in creating periodic reports and recaps in order to support merchandising strategies
• Demonstrated expertise in selecting products that appeal to customers and meet their expectations
• Fundamental comprehension of the statistical components of business such as selloffs, WOS and MD percentages
• Able to prioritize tasks in order to balance both immediate and long term needs of the buying process
• Proficient in assisting buyers with determining appropriate adjustments such as markdowns, delivery changes and price negotiations