Going through resumes, hiring managers often have one thought in their minds – do I need to do this?
This is because a majority of resumes are cumbersome to navigate and read.
But you can change this by writing a resume that is spot on with the needs of a hiring manager. Like the sample below:
Full Charge Bookkeeper Resume Example
21 College Avenue, Chestertown, MD 50021
ray.fox @ email . com
FULL CHARGE BOOKKEEPER
Results-oriented full charge bookkeeper with wide ranging experience in managing full cycle bookkeeping activities. Highly skilled in maintaining the day to day accounting functions, accruals, and financial statement preparation activities.
Ability to reconcile all balance sheet accounts, and review them for accuracy and integrity. Handles vendor statements reconciliation and ensures that any discrepancies are managed properly.
|✓ Payroll Management||✓ Business Documents Maintenance|
|✓ Reconciliation||✓ Statement Reviews|
|✓ Bank Liaison||✓ Retention Files Documentation|
|✓ Invoice Recording||✓ Bills Verification|
|✓ Cash Handling||✓ Audits Monitoring|
|✓ Budget Administration||✓ Financial Reports Substantiation|
• Revamped the bookkeeping system, making it 85% more efficient than before.
• Implemented a statement review system, replacing the old, inefficient one.
• Introduced a petty cash disbursement method, resulting in easy tracking of everyday expenses.
• Successfully reconciled a financial statement that had been in limbo for 6 months due to a discrepancy.
Full Charge Bookkeeper
Menard Inc., Chestertown, MD | 5/2012 – Present
• Prepare monthly invoices and maintain customer and vendor records.
• Manage multiple bank reconciliations for depository accounts, and reconcile all balance sheet accounts.
• Review accounting records for accuracy and integrity and ensure that any discrepancies are handled according to protocols.
• Assist with the annual budgeting and auditing procedures, and maintain financial document retention files.
• Handle vendor statement reconciliation and discrepancies, ensuring that all is in check at the end of a shift.
• Record accounts payables, and ensure that they are processed in a timely manner.
• Calculate payrolls and bonuses, ensuring that they are paid on time every month.
• Maintain a coherent system of accounts, and ensure that petty cash calculations and disbursement are properly managed.
Allied Universal, Chestertown, MD | 2/2009 – 5/2012
• Handled both accounts payables and receivables according to set accounting principles.
• Created and maintained invoices and bills, and ensured that they were delivered in a timely manner.
• Processed payrolls on a periodic basis, by handling timesheets and vacation time calculations.
• Created financial statements such as trial balances, balance sheets and ledgers on a period basis.
• Reconciled bank accounts and collected information for annual audits.
Chestertown Business School, Chestertown, MD – 2009
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting