A well written resume for bookkeeping clerk is vital in landing the first or next job opportunity. The common reason to prepare a Bookkeeping Clerk resume is to obtain a job, or more particularly to be considered for an interview.
In fact, your resume is not just a summary of your professional and educational history. In any case, just telling recruiter that you have done very well will not guarantee a chance of interview. It is very important to sell yourself a little. Let the employer know what you will exceed their expectations if they hire you, and be definite about it. Present your qualifications and expertise in the best possible way. Convince the hiring manager that you have the right capabilities to succeed in the Bookkeeping job.
Bookkeeping Clerk Resume Tips
• Do not write your resume more than one or two pages in length
• Mention only relevant experiences and accomplishments
• Be concise and truthful
Bookkeeping Clerk Job Description
Accounting positions are core positions within companies as they cater to the company’s financial needs and smooth financial operations. When writing a resume for this position you will need to specify how you fit the position by highlighting your financial prowess. Providing employers with an overview of what you can do and then elaborating on it is a good idea.
Bookkeeping clerks are an important part of an accounting department. They perform financial calculations in order to ensure that the company’s records are maintained appropriately. They are also expected to manage financial records and maintain books such as ledgers, balance sheets and profit and loss accounts. They also manage a company’s account receivables and payables and manage cash and credit deposits.
There are many ways to write a resume for this position. Let us look at a resume sample for the position of a bookkeeping clerk.
Bookkeeping Clerk Resume Sample
|Cameron Dodge||22 Wheeler Road|
Altmar, NY 67391
|Cell: (999) 999-9999|
Highly motivated and keen accounting professional with seven years’ dedicated experience in bookkeeping. Ability to manage effective decisions for bookkeeping activities. Proven record of managing financial records timely and accurately. Hands on experience in maintaining bank accounts, cash orders and managing bad debts.
|• Deposits, accounts payable and payroll||• Journal Entries|
|• General Ledger and||• Data confidentiality|
|• Communication and organization||• Team player|
|• Technology savvy||• Time management|
|• Outstanding work ethics||• Flexible and adaptable|
|• Analytic thinking||• Great attention to detail|
Bookkeeping Clerk | Dantum Corporation, New York, NY Feb 2006 – Present
• Compile expenditure and cash reports
• Verify expenditures and manage petty cash
• Monitor account payable and receivable
• Post financial records in the database
• Manage month end and year end closings
• Review payroll records and prepare salaries
• Manage bank accounts and credits
• Make credit card and bank deposits
• Reconciled and prepared financial reports within strict deadlines
• Managed trail balance and balance sheets effectively
• Monitored and followed up on delinquent accounts
Bookkeeping Intern | Bonom Accounting, New York, NY Jan 2005 – Dec 2005
• Assisted in managing postings for ledgers and trail balances
• Researched checks and cash balances for discrepancies
• Assisted in monthly clients’ statements preparations and year-end closings
• Managed financial paper work and data entry duties
Oak Tree University, New York, NY
Bachelors in Accounting – 2005
• QuickBooks, Word & Excel
• EasySpread, Peachtree, Ledger Right and Quicken