A well-written resume for bookkeeping clerk is vital in landing the first or next job opportunity. The common reason to prepare a Bookkeeping Clerk resume is to obtain a job, or more particularly to be considered for an interview.
Your resume is not just a summary of your professional and educational history. In any case, just telling recruiter that you have done very well will not guarantee a chance of an interview. It is imperative to sell yourself a little. Let the employer know what you will exceed their expectations if they hire you, and be definite about it. Present your qualifications and expertise in the best possible way. Convince the hiring manager that you have the right capabilities to succeed in the Bookkeeping job.
Bookkeeping Clerk Resume Tips
• Do not write your resume more than one or two pages in length
• Mention only relevant experiences and accomplishments
• Be concise and truthful
There are many ways to write a resume for this position. Let us look at a resume sample for the position of a bookkeeping clerk.
Bookkeeping Clerk Resume Example
|Cameron Dodge||22 Wheeler Road
Altmar, NY 67391
Highly motivated and keen accounting professional with seven years’ dedicated experience in bookkeeping and general accounting. Ability to take effective decisions for bookkeeping activities. Proven record of managing financial records timely and accurately. Successful track record in maintaining bank accounts, cash orders and managing bad debts.
|• Deposits, accounts payable and payroll||• Journal Entries|
|• General Ledger and||• Data confidentiality|
|• Communication and organization||• Team player|
|• Technology savvy||• Time management|
|• Outstanding work ethics||• Flexible and adaptable|
|• Analytic thinking||• Great attention to detail|
Dantum Corporation, New York, NY Feb 2006 – Present
• Compile expenditure and cash reports
• Verify expenses and manage petty cash
• Monitor account payable and receivable
• Post financial records in the database
• Manage month-end and year-end closings
• Review payroll records and prepare salaries
• Manage bank accounts and credits
• Make credit card and bank deposits
• Reconciled, and prepared financial reports within strict deadlines
• Managed trail balance and balance sheets effectively
• Monitored and followed up on delinquent accounts
Bonom Accounting, New York, NY Jan 2005 – Dec 2005
• Assisted in managing postings for ledgers and trial balances
• Researched checks and cash balances for discrepancies
• Assisted in monthly clients’ statements preparations and year-end closings
• Managed financial paperwork and data entry duties
Oak Tree University, New York, NY
Bachelor’s Degree, Accounting – 2005
• QuickBooks, Word & Excel
• EasySpread, Peachtree, Ledger Right and Quicken
Bookkeeping Clerk Job Description
Accounting positions are core positions within companies as they cater to the company’s financial needs and smooth financial operations. When writing a resume for this position, you will need to specify how you fit the position by highlighting your financial prowess. Providing employers with an overview of what you can do and then elaborating on it is a good idea.
Bookkeeping clerks are an essential part of an accounting department. They perform financial calculations to ensure that the company’s records are maintained appropriately. They are also expected to manage financial records and maintain books such as ledgers, balance sheets, and profit and loss accounts. They even manage a company’s account receivables and payables and handle cash and credit deposits.