A bookkeeper’s resume should be built in a way that it stands out from the rest. Technically, it should include information about your professional profile as a bookkeeper.
Working as a bookkeeper will require you to possess consummate skills in accounting and finance. Specifically, you should focus on your ability to maintain financial records and logs, and knowledge of associated technology.
How to Write a Winning Bookkeeper Resume? 5 Tips
- To build an effective bookkeeper resume, it is important to highlight your skills, experience, and relevant accomplishments.
- Mention your professional achievements in a meaningful manner.
- Focus more on accomplishments rather than job duties: Explain what you did in the past, followed by the result is generated in a quantified form if possible.
- Use bullet sentences or phrases instead of paragraphs.
- Start the bullet points with a strong action word that is directly linked to the skill you wish to highlight.
Bookkeeping Resume Example 1
6 Tenth Street, Dallas, TX 94700
Top-performing bookkeeper with over 8 years of solid finance and accounting experience. Demonstrated ability to develop systems for financial transactions, maintain subsidiary accounts, and balance general ledgers. Highly skilled in preparing financial reports by efficiently collecting and collating important information. Works well under pressure.
Records Maintenance | Transactions Management
Ledger Balancing | Filing Discrepancy Handling
Policies Definition | Tax Forms Handling
Data Entry | Debits / Credits Management
Variance Monitoring | Budget Projections
• Singlehandedly entered 1000+ entries in one day during a rush project.
• Implemented a unique filing system, as a result, increased retrieval efficiency by 50%.
• Successfully managed an accounting discrepancy within a given timeframe.
• Trained 40 interns in handling bookkeeping tasks between the years 2015 and 2018.
Integrated Responders’ Group, Dallas, TX | 6/2017 – Present
• Perform 500+ AR/AP, bank reconciliations, and credit cards statements per month
• Reduce the company’s supply bills by $500 per month through streamlining the process
• Check and verify source documents before performing data entry work
• Develop financial transactions accounting systems
• Prepare financial reports by collecting and analyzing documents
• Maintain subsidiary accounts through proper verification and allocation
• Receive and approve invoices and make payments
• Prepare profit and loss statements
• Monitor the firm’s assets and liabilities
ABC Company, Dallas, TX | 5/2013-6/2017
• Verified 30+ deposits and associated transactions per day
• Balanced 500+ bank accounts and past-due payments annually
• Generated business and finance reports
• Purchased supplies and equipment as authorized by the management
• Issued invoices to customers and follow up on payments
• Recorded cash receipts and liaise with banks
• Conducted periodic reconciliation
Family Ford, Dallas, TX | 2/2012 – 5/2013
• Assisted lead bookkeeper in performing data entry work
• Verified transactions and completed tax forms
• Maintained records and created and filed financial statements
• Processed accounts receivable and payable
• Handled discrepancies according to protocol
• Brought books to trial balance stages
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Texas State University, Dallas, TX – 2012
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio
• QuickBooks Pro and Online
Bookkeeper Resume Example 2
54 Harley Street, Phoenix, AZ 34228
Detail-oriented and competent bookkeeper with 7+ years’ diverse experience in general ledger handling, accounts reconciliation, and financial record management. Thoroughly knowledgeable of accounting principles, taxation policies, and financial reporting protocols. A highly accurate individual who possesses strong numeracy skills and apt at keeping track of all business transactions including sale, purchase, and receipt.
✓ Transaction Processing
✓ General Ledger
✓ Invoice Verification
✓ Accounts Reconciliation
✓ PLS Statements
✓ Variance Analysis
✓ Record Keeping
✓ Deposit Slip Issuance
✓ Debt Monitoring
✓ Financial Reporting
✓ Payroll Processing
✓ Audit Support
• Initiated a fully automated reconciliation software, maintaining a 100% data accuracy rate throughout the year.
• Reduced manual effort considerably by implementing an online transaction handling protocol, leading to processing charges cut down to $40000 annually.
• Attained ‘Employee of the Year’ Award in the years of 2012 and 2014.
CARLOS ASSOCIATES, Phoenix, AZ
July 2013 – Present
• Reconcile 20+ accounts are payable and receivable per day.
• Keep track of debt assets and ensure policy compliance.
• Verify invoices for payment processing.
• Issue periodic Profit loss sharing based on financial statements.
• Calculate the amount of income tax to be deducted for account holders.
• Handle cash and implement proper accounting procedures and transaction documentation protocols.
AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES, Phoenix, AZ
May 2011 – June 2013
• Forwarded received invoices for verification.
• Oversaw accounts payable and receivable.
• Assisted in general accounts ledger balancing.
• Compiled financial information and forwarded it to the accountant for reporting.
• Issued deposit slips and made corresponding credit entries.
• Purchased and replenished authorized supplies for the office and kept track of the same.
Bachelor of Science in Statistics
INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE, Phoenix, AZ – 2011
• QuickBooks and Great Plains
• MS Word and Excel
• Internet, Email and Social Media