It is a good practice to provide prospective employers with clear information on your skills.
Resumes are great avenues for mentioning your skills.
Through resumes, employers decide if they want to hire a person or not.
If they see a skills section that is rife with pertinent skills information, their interest is bound to be piqued and they will call you for an interview.
But, be careful. Employers know more about skills than you would.
They will know how to derive information from you at the interview so if you have not been particularly honest about how skilled you are, or have exaggerated, you may end up being embarrassed!
The trick is to be honest, even if you end up writing only three or four skills in your resume.
How does one write skills in a resume? Here is a list of skills for a bookkeeping resume that you can take ideas from:
Bookkeeping Hard Skills Statements for Resume
- Hands-on experience in maintaining account balances and reporting on their statuses, along with preparation of tabular materials including charts and statistical data.
- Proficient in organizing and maintaining financial data and interpreting financial policies and procedures.
- Adept at maintaining chronological records in accounts books and keeping track of money coming in and out of company accounts.
- Able to create ledgers and trial balances along with monitoring debt levels and complying with debt covenants.
- Demonstrated expertise in conducting reconciliation of bank accounts and ensuring that any discrepancies are handled in a prompt manner.
- Documented success in assembling information for the purpose of auditing and calculating and issuing financial analysis of all financial statements.
- Focused on ensuring clarity of accounts by ensuring that all variances are calculated and any significant issues are reported to the management immediately.
- Competent in developing systems to account for financial transactions through the establishment of a chart of accounts.
- Proven ability to balance subsidiary accounts and handle general ledger balancing duties.
- Special talent for processing sales receipts, completing VAT returns, and handling double bookkeeping duties.