Medical Billing Specialists are also known as Medical Billers. They are responsible for generating bills for reimbursement of medical facilities for patients who possess medical insurance.
A Medical Billing Specialist Resume that demonstrates your knowledge of the medical coding and billing will undoubtedly impress the employer.
Hiring Managers give preference to cover letters and resumes that deal with their exact requirements – not a general document. To increase your interview chances, you have to tailor your resume per provisions of the company.
The following resume sample of medical billing specialist position will be helpful for entry-level applicants with less or no experience in hand.
Medical Billing Specialist Resume Sample (Less or No Experience)
746 Bricks Road, Powell, TN 9222
Medical Billing Specialist
Seeking a Medical Billing Specialist position with Suva Healthcare utilizing billing and coding expertise to ensure accurate, neat, timely, and quality completion of all transactions.
• Over two years’ hands-on experience working as a Medical Billing Specialist
• Highly skilled in maintaining strong relations with providers, clients, and patients
• Demonstrated ability to verify data of individuals on the plan
• Able to review and reconcile invoices
• Strong knowledge of medical terminology
• CPT / ICD-9
• Medicare and Medicaid
• HIPAA Regulations
• MS Excel, Word, Outlook
• Prepared all medical claims for billing and entered into SoftAid electronic billing software
• Gathered appropriate documentation for claims submission
• Successfully coded 250 claims in a single day following backlog due to absentees
• Achieved Employee of the Week Award in 2015 for positive and dedicated attitude during work hours
MBS Outsourcing – Powell, TN | July 2014 – Aug 2016
• Ensured all bills were submitted in a time efficient and accurate manner
• Verified completeness and accuracy of all paper claims before submission
• Followed up on unpaid claims and denials
• Prepared and process refunds
• Responded to queries from all external and internal parties
• Posted charges and adjustments
• Managed accounts receivable
Powell City College – Powell, TN | 2013
Associate Degree in Billing and Coding
• Thorough understanding of all coding protocols
• Familiar with private carriers and commercial insurances
• Hands-on experience in EDI and ERA posting procedures
• Excellent customer service skills
• Exceptional telephone etiquette