Valet Attendants greet guests as they enter an establishment such as a hotel or resort and ensure a secure and well-organized service of guests’ vehicles.
The candidate for this position must have outstanding guest service skills and a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
They must be able to stand and walk on the pavement for six consecutive hours or more per shift.
Parking valet attendants must be able to drive and control auto and manual transmission vehicles.
Writing an attractive resume for a Valet Attendant is an essential requirement to apply for a new job.
The following resume sample will help you in this regard. This sample is also useful for the following job titles:
- Car Jockey
- Toll Booth Attendant
- Hotel Valet
- Garage Jockey
- Parking Lot Attendant
Valet Attendant Resume Sample
54 Walton Street
Orlando, FL 65987
Proactive and dependable Valet Attendant eager to work for a reputed organization where track record in hospitality and customer service can be used to increase profitability and customer satisfaction.
• 6+ years’ progressive experience in providing complete parking solutions to customers
• Well-versed in operating manual and auto transmission vehicles
• Proven ability to park and retrieve automobiles to and from designated areas
• Able to give accurate and detailed information to guests regarding services
• Exceptional talent for maintaining the cleanliness of assigned areas of the parking facility
• Competent at addressing guests’ service needs in an expert, encouraging, and timely manner
• Best Valet Attendant of the month – July 2014
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Universal Orlando Resort, Orlando, FL
2013 – Present
• Open vehicle doors and assist guests, residents, and visitors entering and leaving the resort.
• Greet and acknowledge every guest with a smile and friendly attitude.
• Monitor and direct private and commercial vehicle traffic on the resort.
• Provide guests and residents with directions and information about amenities and services.
Grand Hyatt, Orlando, FL
2010 – 2013
• Admired guests and helped them depart gracefully.
• Anticipated guests’ service requirements.
• Provided help to individuals with disabilities.
• Actively listened and responded to guest questions.
General Education Degree
City Public School, Orlando, FL | 2010
• Strong communication skills
• Innovative approach
• Able to work alone without supervision
• Bilingual: Good level of English and Spanish
• Team Player with practical time management skills